• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

anyone around the albany area

ya he had 4 or 5 diff groups of guys work on the course once or twice and never come back i cant blame him for thinking its a waste of space but if there are a group of guys intrested in getting a monthly meet going i can asure you he would keep it up

I work on weekends and I'd be driving from Schenectady so it might not be too good for me but I would hope others would want to go. I knew it was being built but I didn't know it was finished and open...

I work on weekends and I'd be driving from Schenectady so it might not be too good for me but I would hope others would want to go. I knew it was being built but I didn't know it was finished and open...

ya thats a long drive thats why i would wanna do somthing once a month every week would just be to much of a drive for some

So far the guys on Facebook have been getting together every other Sunday. We've only been out twice so far but have an early favorite spot. We've been to a drainage hill in Troy and the Rotterdam Kiwanis Park along a creek. Rotterdam is the early favorite with the ability to make a day of it with grills and picnic tables, there's even a "Port-a-John" on site.

I know some of you don't do Facebook but that really is the best place to see when we are planning an outing. I will try to post info here but I'm not always here.

not really on facebook much but I'm open to trying it. Where do I go? I would really like to show up at Kiwanis and check it out. I'm very interested in crawling with you. Maybe you could let me know the next time you guys will be there maybe email or phone call please let me know if this is possible.

Sounds like next Sunday is going to be our next outing at kawanis park its a great spot whant to get some kind of a comp going but we need a few more guys

I am also interested in meeting up. I live about 15 minutes west of Rotterdam near Mariaville Lake. There are some good places out near me. The one that jumps out would be the Schoharie Creek in Burtonsville. When Irene came through it cleared a massive area near the DEC fishing access. It is now a really wide river bed. The creek takes up only about 15% of the total width. This time of year the water is pretty low too so some driving into the water would be possible without going submarine. There is also Plotterkill Nature Preserve which has some hiking/walking trails. We could probably do a scale run there, as well as drive in the creek bed since the water is so low. Christman Sanctuary in Duanesburg would be a good option too. It is only about 5 minutes off of I-88.

I have a 2.2 Hilux truggy that started life as a Losi Nightcrawler. It just needs the wheels and tires put back together and mounted.

Let me know what you all think.

looking to get a group or even start a club around the albany schenectady area . i run a axial wraith / ridgecrest. xtm com crawler. just finished my tamiya high lift f350

There are a lot of us in the area, just not organized. And we don't know each other. R/C Kinetics in Troy has a small crawl track. Last year we had a few people showing up on Saturday, or Sunday. It's in a little bit of disrepair at the moment. But Science and Hobby has crawl guys stop in regularly.
I'm in the middle of a new SCX10 build. But am looking to get out and do some trail running.

I just moved to the Albany area from South Carolina. My rig is an scx-10 that I comp'd with down south if anyone knows of a good area to go and wanting to meet up please let me know. I usually have weekends off and sorry this weekend I will be in Jersey but anytime after that. Look forward to hearing from you guys [emoji2][emoji106]

Back