• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Ant's XR10 Build

when the servo sits flat is where you want your upper links to be . as far as where is to far to roll the chubs back, look at the truck from the front an you will have to watch an see where the tie rod hangs down . by moveing it to far you will get it[the tierod] where it hangs to low an will hang up on everthing"thumbsup"

one hole past what u can get is about all i have heard of people running

I always like a level servo myself.. it will help a good amount. It will also help get ur horn up out of the dirt an hanging up on the rocks as well..

Edit.. did ya get them tires shaved yet? That with rolling ur axle back, you shouldn't have any issues with getting into ur links or shocks with ur inner tire..

Righto....well I'll have to look at some way to try and level it....currently the VP links are fitted and the front uppers are at the furthest most hole....

Here is what I did this afternoon....
IMG_0910-1_zpse7f34b90.jpg

Its the first time I've done any soldering of this kind so I was a bit on the edgy side while doing it.

This was the FXR I have in my SCX/future AX10 so I had a bit of a practice with it. I de-cased, de-switched and de-posted this one...I'm fairly happy with the result, but im not sure if I'll do it quite the same when I do it to my XR10 elecs...

So I was able to take the new NCD chassis out for a proper run today and I have to say its simply amazing. I'm pulling lines out my backside with this thing! Lines I was able to do before with the stock chassis with a bit of work are just getting crawled all over with ease! This thing justice made my jaw drop every single line!

Tomy has done a brilliant job with this chassis so all credit goes to him!

I was only able to take a few photos before the styrene roof cracked off so ill be looking for some sheet lexan to replace all the panels.

I smashed together my electronics aswell. I tried to smash my CC BEC but the tiniest bit of solder went where it wasn't meant to go... So as you can imagine once I plugger the battery in.... It was Christmas again! All the pretty lights came on :-/

Luckily the only things damaged was the BEC and rx wires to the ESCs. So a fairly easy fix. Feel rather stupid about it lol!

Pics coming soon!

Here are some pics with the new panels fitted.

RTR weight
IMG_0952_zps25975640.jpg

Flex Shot
IMG_0953_zps3ef557b0.jpg

IMG_0961_zpsb15ac5f4.jpg

IMG_0959_zps3644a181.jpg

IMG_0958_zps393c8cf8.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, and if there are any improvements I can do!

Last edited:
Looks great! One thing is you could get some RCBro's knuckle weight system... They used to be made by NCD but RCBro took over... They are very adjustable and are cheaper than most other knuckle weights... Also Some NCD wheels would set it off nicely too ;-) And another thing is shave the sidewalls on the BC's...

Rig looks great ..... crawlspot as well "thumbsup" It better not be your front garden ... as I will be very jealous :mrgreen:

Looks great! One thing is you could get some RCBro's knuckle weight system... They used to be made by NCD but RCBro took over... They are very adjustable and are cheaper than most other knuckle weights... Also Some NCD wheels would set it off nicely too ;-) And another thing is shave the sidewalls on the BC's...

Yeah I have briefly discussed some wheel options with Tomy but until I have the funds available ill have to put it on the backburner til I get some of these bills out the way.

I'm planning on ordering the weight system shortly too. I was quite close to ordering the VP system but I feel they may be too heavy for the rig now. Currently there is only 65grams per wheel and I may run a little less to see how she goes.

I received my CI DD's in the mail today! Excited!

Should I need to do any trimming on these foams? I got the wide inners and soft outers.

just an update, its been a while since ive posted anything as the rig has been working real well.

I have finally got new wheels for it though. As I cant spare much money on RC as my first baby is on their way I had to find a cheaper way to upgrade my wheels.

I wanted to buy a set of NCD wheels but my mrs would murder me (as much as I love the designs)...so I ended up going the budget way and did the drill press mod on a set of DE Racing Losi 22 front wheels. At $7 a pair plus hubs it was a steal and the mrs couldn't say no. I also finally got a hold of some Rcbros weights which havent arrived yet so temporarily I'm just using stick on weights on the inside of the front wheels.

And to be fair I don't have a pedestal drill so it was a cordless and body reamer for me.

I'm running 725s in the front and 650s in the rear. With the 725s and new wheels I can set my EPAs to 150% and get full (stock)steering throw with a tiny bit of rubbing on the battery and servo cover. This makes me happy as the stock wheels even narrowed rub everywhere.

I was going to only use 3 screws but I was unsure of durability so just drilled them for 6. And unfortunately my local bolt place only had cap screws instead of button heads:x
IMG_1060_zps7999b5ea.jpg

The good thing with the DE wheels (which was just pure luck) is that the inside of the wheel can be dremeled out quite neatly in between all the ribs.

The weight of each wheel with hub and hardware is 20grams!
IMG_1062_zps886234cd.jpg

IMG_1063_zps5b15bd94.jpg

Clearance shot:
IMG_1064_zps89d841bd.jpg

And the flex shot with the new rebuilt 100mm shocks:
IMG_1065_zps2a72edc7.jpg

Last edited:
My RCBros knuckle weights arrived today. Installation was nice and simple. Currently fitted are 2 full rings and 1 half ring per wheel bringing my rtr weight to 2095grams.

Attachments

• image-1154842875.jpg
    image-1154842875.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 198
Hey mate nice rig. I see your in Melbourne. You ever comped with the TCP boys?

Are you on any of the local forums?

Come say gday at cANZ. We not very active in Victoria but im sure some of the local guys love hear about your rig.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back