• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Another Rochobby 1/6 Willys MB

HDMM

RCC Addict
Haven't posted in a very long time, figured I share a few pics of my Rochobby 1/6 Willys MB. These things are great rigs, very well built. Extremely happy with mine. I've added a Dragon 1/6 M3 37mm anti tank gun with Private "Tom Hackett (a little hard to find these days). Haven't done much else to it, but add a tow rope up front and drive the heck out of it. I do plan to lower the seat cushion to help the figures fit in it better.

Image0-34.jpg

Image0-35.jpg

Image1-12.jpg

Yeah the guy looks like he is sitting a bit high, but it still looks good. There is allot of detail in these for a stock vehicle.

Does anyone know why these have 4 support struts on the rear axle and only 3 in front? Would adding the fourth strut somehow compromise the steering? I am new to rock crawling chassis, Thanks (I thought a part was missing!)

While there are only three on the front, there's also an additional link called a pan hard bar. The three link with pan hard is necessary for good steering performance on a rig with a chassis mounted steering servo. Adding a forth is not a good idea as it would hurt the suspension articulation unless you were to delete the pan hard bar. If you do that, now the steering performance would suffer.

Thanks OnTheTrail I figured the short transverse link attached to the right side of the front axle somehow compensates for the action of the steering servo, otherwise your front end would swerve left to right as you turn so the missing long link allows for better articulation on the right side of the vehicle where the pan hard bar is attached. I see said the blind man!

....otherwise your front end would swerve left to right as you turn so the missing long link allows for better articulation on the right side of the vehicle where the pan hard bar is attached. I see said the blind man!

You got it. Exactly right!

Back