• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Another motor suggestion

Heres a little sheet that HH put together to show the various motors in turns and on the right side in KV. I really wish the motor limitations would switch over to using KV as its much more useful.

https://holmeshobbies.com/motor-recommendations

Also I'd say if you want a nice motor its kind of key to pair it with a decent ESC, that said I dont have any experience with the new Axial ESC. Personally I wouldn't worry about being able to program an ESC on the fly, I just get mine setup how I like it and rarely ever go back to change any settings.

Last edited:
Heres a little sheet that HH put together to show the various motors in turns and on the right side in KV. I really wish the motor limitations would switch over to using KV as its much more useful.

https://holmeshobbies.com/motor-recommendations

Also I'd say if you want a nice motor its kind of key to pair it with a decent ESC, that said I dont have any experience with the new Axial ESC. Personally I wouldn't worry about being able to program an ESC on the fly, I just get mine setup how I like it and rarely ever go back to change any settings.

Guess I should clarify that statement for my area I like having the ability to change things quickly in the field because of the wide variety of terrain that we have in Western NC. I'll start on a trail then wind up doing major crawling. So for me that is a huge plus being able to make a few adjustments in the field.

While I debate which route to go, I've ordered up another 2100kv motor/esc combo - they're crawler specific and have worked well in my other setups - so at least I'll have something to run while I try and figure out a brushed setup.

the HH Motor and HH ESC does look like a pretty good combo, so may give that a go "thumbsup"

Does sound like my 1080 would suffice for most of the motors we've been discussing, shame the Firma didn't follow those same spec. It is nice setup for convenience sake.

Also, SCX10 JK - not sure if you run a Spektrum Radio, but these crawler ESC's can be programmed via the radio via a graphical menu, works great on my DX5.

Last edited:
Whoa say what? Yeah I run a dx5c and a dx4c. Not sure if those are new enough but I'd be interested in trying that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks for that information. I will definitely have too look into that. Glad I could help out. What brushless system did you get?

Back