• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

All at sea with current ESC / motor options!

jonathanm

I've previously used Novak Rooster Crawler and Novak Eiger Pro in my scale rigs and never had any problems with them, so with a new kit on the way (Gelande II) I'm looking for another scale crawler ESC / motor combo, however two things are causing me a headache - 1) I'd like to go waterproof, 2) I read somewhere that Novak packed up recently.

These Novaks seem to have very good control (in my limited experience), drag brake etc. I've looked at a few 'crawler' ESCs online but am finding it really difficult to find detailed info on them, for example many mention a BEC, but there's no obvious BEC connector even in so-called manual PDFs; I'd probably just want to run lights, possibly a winch if I get to that stage but no plans for that at the moment (already have one on the TF2 SWB, that has the Eiger Pro fitted). My Rooster is paired with a Novak Forty-Five motor, the Eiger with a Novak 35T Rock Star.

So my question really is could someone please recommend budget, mid-range, and high end options, or something that's roughly equivalent to those Novaks that's also waterproof (not just water resistant). Thanks muchly!

Back