• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

AK's Mantis 4 link XR10

AK49RS

XR10 w/BWD Mantis chassis 4 linked (Idea from Norcrawler)
DX3R
JR8711 servo
2 HH Torquemaster pro hw 45t
2 FXR pros
VP trans covers and plates f/b
HB Rover EX's
Stock XR10 shocks w/mini t springs home mod
CC bec
RC4WD gears f/b
Mayhem Eng Evo's(in the mail)
The Xr10 body is on my 5 yr olds Berg Tracer more on that later

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

Last edited:
Hey just a recommendation... I would try and get the battery a little lower on the axle. Get one of Rowdy Racings battery mounts "thumbsup"

I'm curious to know if anybody has tried this mod without cutting off the end of the chassis ??

That was my first thought but the rear part of the chassis that connects to the rear axle was in the way. Chop chop went the Mantis!! I even tried to loosely connect the chassis to the axle but didn't feel right.

Here's a look at my electronics package.

Installed
IMG_2236.jpg

Removed as a unit
IMG_2232.jpg

De-cased dual FXR's in stock elec box
IMG_2234.jpg

Last edited:
What do you think about the river ex's? And what other tires have you tried so I get a feel for your answer? Thanks. I love the colors you have going on there! And good use of te stock electronics tray!

I have had success with them so far. I have Sedonas that are going on my Mayhem Eng. Evo's when they get here. Since I live in ALaska there are no sanctioned competitions, so i just crawl for the fun of it. :x

Look what the post man brought me today.
Mayhem Eng. Evolution black anodized rims
Before
IMG_2237.jpg

After
IMG_2238.jpg

Installed in some Sedonas.
IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

I sanded the center section and the ring face with some 400 grit for a two tone effect.

Back