• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Advice on a new charger/discharger?

For me, the D6 + was cheaper at the time.

Also I was impressed with the all metal build and the dual fans to help with cooling.

I can appreciate the smaller footprint of the Pro and the ability to charge you phone.

I don’t know if the pro is able to be controlled with the Hota App like the Plus is.

My biggest question would be the robustness of the plus’s push buttons vs the jog wheel. Hopefully a non issue.

Realistically you cant go wrong with either one.
I can't get the app to work, but it's there haha.

I really like the Protek Prodigy 680. Super fast and small for what it is. The only slight dig i have is theres no on/off button, but thats what the power cord is for. Definitely better than the Traxxas chargers:lmao:

I can't speak on the Hitec, but they seem to be a good option too. I got the Protek because it was on sale and a lot of people seem to like it.

Last edited:
I have the venom pro duo and I really like the charger. It has all the capabilities that you are looking for as well as profiles that you can set. It is also capable of charge two batteries at once and does not require an external power supply. There is also a quad version that can charge 4 lipos at once.

Back