• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Additional LED lights

I recently received LED lights for a light bar on my scx10. I want to keep my 2 red LEDs and the white 2 LEDs that I ready have and add 4. The LEDs are already wired and ready for use, I just don't know how to add them to what I already have. Do I Jerry rig em? I don't have another place to plug them in. Any help is appreciated!!

Just splice and solder them into the loop. I have 8 lights wired to my Wraith light kit. Still works just fine.

What do you have access to? Another way you could do it is if you have a second LED controller, you could plug both LED controllers into a Y harness then plug that into the RX.

If you don't have access to a soldering iron or station that would be the way to go. You can get the Y harness for just a few $$

Where can I get a Y harness? I have searched and asked questions here to no end about what types of connecters the axial LED light controller uses. Anyone have any new info?

uhh.. yes. thats a servo y-harness. I have about 10 of them. That's not what I am after. I am after the name and type of the axial connectors on the lighting unit and/or a y-harness for them. shown here, the little white connectors on the left.

laxic2425_zps9dd0ba10.jpg

i need a male to two female splitter or Y harness of these little white connectors that seem to have no name.

Last edited:
There is no y harness for them. They are made in series and you break the series they won't work. What I have done is taken a traditional y harness and ran 2 axial light controllers. There is also the axial NVS lighting system that works for them in series.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk 2

it looks like a Micro JST 2 pin. bes bet is to get a couple sets and make your own Y

Micro JST Connector Crimp Mount 2 Pin x 10 sets on eBay!

or you could probably go 1-2" from the plug, and solder another strand in, white to white black to black obviously. im still learning the LED lighting myself. and dont know how the LED controller works. the lights are wired in series so the resistor must be in the controller. but i dont know what size it is. adding another series circuit in paralell to the first may not work. its an option i pondered myself on my exo. but i decided i wanted the challenge of building my own custom set from the ground up. HeyOk started a dedicated thread to wiring LED's ive been following it closely garnering lots of good info.

Last edited:
Back