• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Adding Brass assistance please

kcrodrigtx

Hello, I have the 79 Bronco and I am finally in a position to add Brass. I'm wondering what is a "good" amount of weight to add for optimum performance.
I am thinking of adding 249 grams with Front Brass Steering Knuckle, C-Hub, Portal Cover & Scale Brake Rotor Set. In addition 188 grams with Rear Portal Drive Housing, Knuckle Cover & Hub Carrier Set.

Please let me know what your experiences are and if this is too much, too little, or just right to help keep it from rolling on hills yet provide the weight to climb effectively.

Thank you in advance,

KC

I run my rigs a little on the heavy side so for me I don't feel that's too much. Others though, might feel that's too much for them and their driving conditions. I guess that's obvious but tires and foams are also going to play a huge part in increasing performance depending on what you have now. You're in the right mindset though, regarding the weight.. down low and over the axles.

What I've seen a lot fwiw are people adding weight and adding weight to the point that they then eventually reevaluate their excessively heavy and/ or lackluster performing rig and subsequently look to reduce weight.

I think that rigs need to be driven and tested more between modifications than what a lot of people actually do. So make sure to do that as well.

Thanks for the information and suggestions. I'm running all stock parts including tires and wheels.

Weight biasing is important here.
Shoot for 60% of the weight on the front
Try as best as you can to keep the r/l bias as even as possible.

Back