• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A new Team RCC berg

swell searcher

varcor.org
Subscribed Member
I've started a new build for the 2009 VARCOR comp season. Already two comps into the season, I've learned that our courses are becoming more technical which required me to stop rock racing them and to start rock crawling them. After Nationals, I've been looking for a new chassis to run and found one - Team Twenty1Eleven Rockshow Chassis. The new chassis will be available soon from T1E.

I got a prototype from Rockshow about three weeks ago and started the build. When I got it, I was impressed with how clean the chassis looked for a hand cut prototype. Nice job Mike "thumbsup" The chassis was easy to setup and has numerous mounting locations for the suspension links and shock mounts. Assembly dimensions are 3” wide (with bumpers that are included) 8” long and 3.75” tall. With my losi shocks, I'm sitting at 3" of GC with a 12.5" WB.

I'm also testing a new servo mount that I got from Sulfur which I believe will be available from T1E too. Matt did a great job with the mount and hopefully I will stop going thru servo arms like I did with my previous setup.

Specs:
T1E Rockshow chassis
Berg axles with the front axle clocked
Kamikaze lower bent arms
Losi 4" shocks with 2" springs outside and generic springs inside
Integry 45T motors from HH
Tekin FXR ESC
Hitec HS-5955TG servo
CC BEC
Spektrum DX3R radio/receiver
Duramax 3-cell lipos
HB Rovers tires with stock foams
Mayhem Double Phatty Beadlocks

I'm still waiting for my new delrin beadlocks from Mayhem Engineering. Also, I still need to make and paint a set of body panels. For now, I'm not running a dig setup until I figure out I want to go with switches or run dual ESC. I wanted to drive the rig and tune the suspension before my next comp in January.

My initial impression is awesome. Over at my test course, she climbs well and articulates better than my old setup (berg with DNA slingshot). Hopefully this weekend, I will be hitting a local spot and be able to test it further. Once I'm happy with the suspension setup, I will swap the upper links to 3/8" delrin.

Thanks again to The Crawler Store, Holmes Hobbies, Twenty1Eleven, Kamikaze Kustoms, and Mayhem Engineering. And a big thanks to Mike for letting me test his new chassis.

Last edited:
Some shots of the chassis:

berg2002.jpg

berg2003.jpg

berg2005.jpg

Some shots of the steering mount:

berg2020.jpg

berg2025.jpg

Some roller shots:

berg2039.jpg

berg2040.jpg

berg2041.jpg

Finished shots of the initial buildup:

berg2042.jpg

berg2044.jpg

berg2045.jpg

berg2046.jpg

its about time u posted that randy, looking great, that servo mount id like to try aswell, looks very promising.

Nice!! Great idea on the servo mount.

I really like the look of this chassis. I watched Rockshow driving his at the Crawling for Kids comp in GA and it looks to be a real performer"thumbsup"

thanks guys... i'm looking forward to get most wheel time with the new rig and dial it in.

thanks to fantasy football, i've decided to go with dual esc - 2 tekin FXR using the extra cash from FF to pay for a 4PK. i still can't drive with a stick radio. with that, i should be able to make the wiring even cleaner.

damn... i like those... when can i get them...

Cutting them out tomorrow or the next day and I can have them ready to ship Friday!!! Gotta mold them and get them ready... still has the plastic film on the lexan so its a little dull comapred to what it looks like with out them!

Your wheels are done and will ship tomorrow. I put a little extra surprise in the package for ya....."thumbsup"

Last edited:
Nice Rig Randy....Man those guys sure can build a chassis....:mrgreen:, cant wait to see if you can drive it...hehehehe

Back