• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

A 2-door XJ for 1.7s.

What's that behind the front wheels?

xiRMxOv.jpg

Something nobody will ever notice but I know they're there so that makes it feel just a little bit more complete. :mrgreen:

Looks awesome!
So how did you resolve the front driveshaft clearance being so low? I’m currently in the same situation with my Gelande 2 JK build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome!
So how did you resolve the front driveshaft clearance being so low? I’m currently in the same situation with my Gelande 2 JK build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two steps.

I ground a little bit of material off of the bottom of the transmission case and I used a narrower driveshaft.

This one right here

I had to trim a little bit off of the input shaft for the input shaft for the axle and the output shaft from the transfer case but otherwise they worked perfectly. You don't even HAVE to trim the transmission case. The driveshaft will bottom out against it but the driveshaft being 'round' on the flange means that it won't bind up, it'll just keep rolling.

Back