• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

76 Suburban Build

Colours look to have hit the mark. Sure can be tedious and precarious trying to color match well enough to please oneself. Good eye! Thinking about or does the body come with chrome work that runs the length of the paint border?

It’s about time the chassis gets some clothes on…

ec987b818e5697399ea99072b0838e34.jpg

Thanks SMC, for body mounting I’m just using the plastic TF2 body posts that came with the Burban.

A little more work done tonight. Nowhere close to perfect but I am filling in small gaps & reconstructing as I go anyway so once it’s all said and done most if not all of the imperfections will not be seen.

062de6a0135778e3de9fb2ecf59fa333.jpg

Colours look to have hit the mark. Sure can be tedious and precarious trying to color match well enough to please oneself. Good eye! Thinking about or does the body come with chrome work that runs the length of the paint border?

Thank you smog, I really like these colors. The two tone is a perfect match but it’s not too far off.

As far as the trim, I will be using stickers for the it. The blazer body from RC4WD comes with them, but with it being a 4 door now rather than 2 door I had to pick up another sticker sheet. Between the two sticker sheets I should be able to make it look the par.

Last edited:
Thanks SMC, for body mounting I’m just using the plastic TF2 body posts that came with the Burban.

I'm mostly interested in the interior design myself. Im planning on either hiding my battery under a false floor in the interior or inside one of the bench seats. I'm not sure what I'm doing for body mounting yet.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I'm mostly interested in the interior design myself. Im planning on either hiding my battery under a false floor in the interior or inside one of the bench seats. I'm not sure what I'm doing for body mounting yet.

I’ll keep the interior design posts as recent as possible. I updated some parts of the floor yesterday, I will try and grab some pictures of it tomorrow. I’m currently figuring out where I can cram in all my electronics, but I’m hoping to use a Hobbywing fusion so it’s one less thing to put under/in the interior somewhere.

I appreciate you following along!

I’ll keep the interior design posts as recent as possible. I updated some parts of the floor yesterday, I will try and grab some pictures of it tomorrow. I’m currently figuring out where I can cram in all my electronics, but I’m hoping to use a Hobbywing fusion so it’s one less thing to put under/in the interior somewhere.

I appreciate you following along!
I look forward to the updates

this makes me want to build a replica of my old 1:1 wheeling truck i had it was a 84 suburban that started out as a 2wd and lowered ended up with a custom lift and 42 inch tsls

this makes me want to build a replica of my old 1:1 wheeling truck i had it was a 84 suburban that started out as a 2wd and lowered ended up with a custom lift and 42 inch tsls

You should! I know I had a ton of fun while building this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The suburban is coming back! I picked it up from scalelife and unfortunately had life get in the way for a bit, but new car and starting a larger abs capable 3d printer build tomorrow means I can get back on this thing and finally finish it!

With that being said there is some changes coming, however they are simply to bring the truck to the next level. Such as a gcm cmax chassis with extension as well as possibly switching to currie rockjock axles. The body did get some damage on its long ride, however I have a plan to fix it and still keep the same look to it. More on that when the time comes.

The suburban is coming back! I picked it up from scalelife and unfortunately had life get in the way for a bit, but new car and starting a larger abs capable 3d printer build tomorrow means I can get back on this thing and finally finish it!

With that being said there is some changes coming, however they are simply to bring the truck to the next level. Such as a gcm cmax chassis with extension as well as possibly switching to currie rockjock axles. The body did get some damage on its long ride, however I have a plan to fix it and still keep the same look to it. More on that when the time comes.

I may not be on here much anymore, but I am still popping in every once in a while[emoji1687]

Can’t wait to see it finally finished.

Back