• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

3D printed bay window VW

Ever seen doctors grow their patient a new ear on the back of a mouse? I grew a double cab on the back of a bus.

Sometimes I'm a "measure twice, cut once" kind of guy. Other times I'm a "never measure, cut three or four times, glue in place, and measure later to see just how bad you f***ed it up" kind of guy.

I've never figured out which one works better.

Sometimes I'm a "measure twice, cut once" kind of guy. Other times I'm a "never measure, cut three or four times, glue in place, and measure later to see just how bad you f***ed it up" kind of guy.

I've never figured out which one works better.

Classic, I lol'd at that remark and had to share it with the other engineers here - they all got a kick out of it...

She's coming along nicely!

I'll try to avoid too much commentary. Here, have some pictures.

Starting to look like a thing, which gets me excited.

Edit: the roof needs a bit of work, but it's not nearly as screwed up as the picture makes it look.

Started in on a very simple dash.

Seat bases will help hide... things.

Part of the bed will be hinged, with another portion being permanent for strength.

Get rid of the air intakes for the double cab. They never had them on bay double cabs. Three sets of vents above the rear wheel let air into the motor.

Coming along very nicely, glad to hear you say the roof line is better than it looks in the pictures - top of the windshield appears very far back from the bottom. Sounds like you've got it under control though..

Get rid of the air intakes for the double cab. They never had them on bay double cabs. Three sets of vents above the rear wheel let air into the motor.

Good call, had to go look at some pics but you're absolutely right..

Back