• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

3D Printed 1/10 scale big rig build-KENWORTH K100 AERODYNE

Well, damn...;-)

Looks like the painting skills are way up there too!

Gorgeous!

This guy out here showing us all up!

This is turning out to be a beautiful rig. Looks like a professionally made injection molded let.

Nice work! Keep up the amazing work.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

@ smc-93 and durok...thank you guys, im just so relieved to finally finish this build coz im already itching to start the next one....but i still need to paint the trailer...and another 4 wheel build....by the way, i only used acrylic paints from michaels/hobby lobby using an airbrush and finish it off with a couple coats of rustoleum gloss clear...stripes are vinyl sheets...and...finally, here she is...

a>

151954413-881103692713497-2366846993952574901-n.jpg
[/IMG]

a>
a>

20210331-010920.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

20210331-005846.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Hey bud anyway I can pay you to design my wrecker already have the stl files of the wrecker body but it’s no where near your detail level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a quick question I’m building a heavy wrecker from the ground up can you point me in the direction as to where you got your axles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey bro, these are the cheap axles i used on this build, around 34 bucks for a set of front and rear from banggood (13 bucks for the rear axles).... the diffs are locked with double reduction bevel and spur gear combo....and quite tough too....these are the ones i am using on my latest M1070 build also... you can google HG-P402 axles to check for sellers (i prefer bangood though slow in delivery but still arrives in good shape), they come with sleeve bearings so i usually replace them with sealed ball bearings for a smoother roll... ebay also lists a few of these axles though priced a little more...
https://usa.banggood.com/Front-+Rea...p-1313861.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN...
https://usa.banggood.com/HG-P401-P4...-p-977819.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN... i prefer these axles as i already have modeled the adapters so i can set it up with a front leaf spring or with a center bogie rear axle assembly.

let me know if you have questions, i can also send you the stl files for the axle adapters including the whole suspension system if you decide to start work on it.

Last edited:
i can also send you the stl files for the axle adapters including the whole suspension system if you decide to start work on it.

I can't speak for Kessler but I'd be interested in the . STLs for your suspension system.

I have a set of RC4WD Blackwell's for a future build and want to do a tandem rear leaf set-up. The only setups I can find in that configuration are either 1/14 or 1/12 and look a little too small compared to the Blackwell's.

Edit: Disregard that. I took a closer look at you suspension setup and took some measurements of the Blackwell's, I don't think your kit is going to work.

I might have to try designing my own and figure something out for correctly sized leaf springs.

Last edited:
I can't speak for Kessler but I'd be interested in the . STLs for your suspension system.

I have a set of RC4WD Blackwell's for a future build and want to do a tandem rear leaf set-up. The only setups I can find in that configuration are either 1/14 or 1/12 and look a little too small compared to the Blackwell's.

Edit: Disregard that. I took a closer look at you suspension setup and took some measurements of the Blackwell's, I don't think your kit is going to work.

I might have to try designing my own and figure something out for correctly sized leaf springs.

Yes sir, sorry for the delayed reply but the axle adapters were designed to use only the HG-P402 axles as i have said, as well as a 1/2x5/8" aluminum channel i got from Lowes....the HG's are cheap axles so if in the future you want to try it, i will gladly can share the STL files.

Yes sir, sorry for the delayed reply but the axle adapters were designed to use only the HG-P402 axles as i have said, as well as a 1/2x5/8" aluminum channel i got from Lowes....the HG's are cheap axles so if in the future you want to try it, i will gladly can share the STL files.

I appreciate it.

I do have a set of those axles laying around as well, don't know if I'll end up using them for anything though.

Congratulations, well-deserved, indeed!

It's amazingly realistic with the paint completed!

Wow just seeing this build and I am blown away with it. I was thinking of doing a 6x6 tamiya semi build on here but I can't compete.

Congratulations on the first place.

Back