• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

3D Printed 1/10 scale big rig build-KENWORTH K100 AERODYNE

Damn - you goin' for Merry Xmas to yourself by completing just in time for the holiday?

Looking incredible!

"thumbsup"

Damn - you goin' for Merry Xmas to yourself by completing just in time for the holiday?

Looking incredible!

"thumbsup"

Thank you sir, appreciate the comments...yup, i will try to get the cab done this weekend coz i still need to spray a couple coats of clear...maybe wait another 2 days to let it dry and then install the accessories...and i already have a new project in mind...the Oshkosh M1070 semi-truck on 8x8 drive...oh wait. i still need to paint the trailer...damn.

Well, I just had to dig through your old posts to find out that Toyota HJ-45 is SCRATCHBUILT as well... (!?!?)

Holy smokes..."thumbsup"

Also saw the Nissan Patrol you did, amazing!

Well, I just had to dig through your old posts to find out that Toyota HJ-45 is SCRATCHBUILT as well... (!?!?)

Holy smokes..."thumbsup"

Also saw the Nissan Patrol you did, amazing!

Thank you sir...that hj-45 and nissan y60 is over 2 yrs old already..the hj-45 was my first full scratchbuilt body and somehow taught me the skills to handle styrene sheets, i think it turned out good... the nissan was scratchbuilt from the chassis up to the body...i bought a set of hpi venture axles, gearboxes, transfer case, drive shafts and leaf springs and just built the rest... now with the 3d printer, i can build another big rig quicker coz i kept all the files and just print the parts i need... glad you liked the build.

Man, I am not sure how I missed this, other than possibly asleep at the wheel...

Amazing work!!! I do not see any pictures, but was able to see the videos.

Keep up the great work man. I honestly think that is you decided to build and sell these, there is a good market to make some money.
Not that it would likely yield a high dollar per hour spent, as I am sure it takes an enormous amount of time, but could definitely be a good side hustle.

Thanks for taking the time to build and share this.

Man, I am not sure how I missed this, other than possibly asleep at the wheel...

Amazing work!!! I do not see any pictures, but was able to see the videos.

Keep up the great work man. I honestly think that is you decided to build and sell these, there is a good market to make some money.
Not that it would likely yield a high dollar per hour spent, as I am sure it takes an enormous amount of time, but could definitely be a good side hustle.

Thanks for taking the time to build and share this.

Agreed sir, and ive been thinking about it knowing that big rig kits only comes in 14th scale or i just dont know of other kit makers that offer big rigs in 10th scale... i honestly would love to see another big rig build in 10th scale...lets see after the 2nd build on how that will work out, i did archive all the 3d files i designed for this build (i model in autocad 3d) and they are ready for prints anytime i want, i just need to organize the files for easy identification coz right now they are still all jumbled up in 1 folder, lol...... i would absolutely love sharing my builds coz in a way, i do get responses that also teaches me a thing or 2 on topics that im not an expert, such as electronics or metal brazing things like that, so there's more to come and more pictures to post as i finish up the cab... this is how i do 3d modeling...

and the video of the smoke machine test...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY-LS1nxbgI&t=5s

Last edited:
damn that thing is impressive, both in size and details !

you sure made buying that printer worth it:)

@orange617 Dude that's not even a hobby. That is seriously professional work. Big Kudos.

thank you sir, really appreciate you saying that...i feel humbled to know that what i do as a hobby could indeed be seen by others as a serious job...i only know that im happy designing and creating things, and the best feeling is knowing that it actually works...it feels similar to when im still building and flying rc planes...you just dont know if it would really fly...and then you slowly take off and then it flies....well, i suck at landing lol... :lmao:

Whoa, I see air lines and what looks like a reservoir. Does this have a functioning air ride suspension system?

If so, I'm never posting anything about my builds, ever again!

Whoa, I see air lines and what looks like a reservoir. Does this have a functioning air ride suspension system?

If so, I'm never posting anything about my builds, ever again!

Dont worry sir, they are just mock up air lines lol, i tend to overdo the scale details when i decided to add the air brake cylinders and run hoses from the air tanks/reservoir so your good...lol

THAT IS BAD ASS Work. Wish I could learn how to CAD. I can draw like a MOFO (design on paper) and I can computer great, just never learned how to run CAD Software. Need a Tutor that can walk me through my questions.
That is out Freaking Standing work.

THAT IS BAD ASS Work. Wish I could learn how to CAD. I can draw like a MOFO (design on paper) and I can computer great, just never learned how to run CAD Software. Need a Tutor that can walk me through my questions.
That is out Freaking Standing work.

Thank you sir...anyway, if you run autocad 2016 and have a question, ill be glad to help.

I just stumbled upon this build, and all I can say is wow, that is amazing! 2.2 on the tires? How many hours of design and print time to do this thing???

I just stumbled upon this build, and all I can say is wow, that is amazing! 2.2 on the tires? How many hours of design and print time to do this thing???

Thank you...yup, 2.2" 3D printed rims and scatchbuilt tires...i just cant find 10th scale semi-truck tires to buy so i just had to make it from 5mm craft foam...tire logos are 3d printed too... anyway, i started this build December of last year and there was a time that i kind of lost interest but good thing i had it coming back to continue and finish the build. i work on it when i get home from work, and only after im done with other household chores lol...

Back