• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

3 Scx24s for the kids

Jefferson87

Picked up 3 of them about 4 years ago. Kids were 1, 2 and 7. They have taken a beating and gone through a lot of parts, but have a fairly reliable set up now.

HR 050 motor, HR motor plate, and heat sinc

Hot Racing Axial SCX24 050 High Torque Motor w/Pinion (66T) [HRASXTF50M11]

Emax servo, and metal horn

EMAX ES08MAII 12g Analog Metal Gear Servo

EMAX ES08MAII 12g Analog Metal Gear Servo [EMX-SV-0275]

We've gone through a handful of esx/rx units(the old style) I've converted one to the newer horizon style but it had issues immediately and I don't like the TX.

Only mod was brass wheel wieghts on the front only, and put proline premounted tsl sx on the c10.

Last edited:
Nothing to exciting in this thread, just thought some might benefit from our experience on what is reliable. Since we have 3 and they're young, reliability is the priority. My gut wants to throw more upgrades at them, but when each part is x3, it gets expensive.

I have not had such great luck with them myself. I bought my son a Gladiator for Christmas. He put maybe 6-8 packs through it when the motor fried. Same thing happened to my JL. I hate working on the tiny things.

Nothing to exciting in this thread, just thought some might benefit from our experience on what is reliable. Since we have 3 and they're young, reliability is the priority. My gut wants to throw more upgrades at them, but when each part is x3, it gets expensive.
of my 18 scx24's, i think probably 12 or so of them are running the HR motor and mount. with a V2 esc. SOLID setup, have not burnt one up yet

I have not had such great luck with them myself. I bought my son a Gladiator for Christmas. He put maybe 6-8 packs through it when the motor fried. Same thing happened to my JL. I hate working on the tiny things.

We've probably burnt 12+ motors.

The HR motor is a 15 min swap and so far has solved the issue.

I upgraded the one in the JL to HR or Injora, I dont remember which. Picked up a TRX4M last weekend at a swap meet. I like the size of that better.

Back