• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2019 Micro Wheel List

Just got a set of the RC4WD Raceline wheels with Goodyear Wrangler MTR tires and they look SICK!

BUT, I can’t get them mounted to the truck! Stock Axial wheel hexes won’t go in the wheel hub. Anyone have a solution to this prob?

Rc4wd stamped steelies in chrome

Lots don't like the chrome, I do [emoji39] and it's my truck

And shameless plug of my truck, lol
809c0eba3ce17b98a60aec8b04607ce9.jpg

Just got a set of the RC4WD Raceline wheels with Goodyear Wrangler MTR tires and they look SICK!

BUT, I can’t get them mounted to the truck! Stock Axial wheel hexes won’t go in the wheel hub. Anyone have a solution to this prob?

Im experiencing the exact same problem. I bought 2 different 7mm hexes and neither of them worked due to the axle shaft on the SCX24 being smaller so it wobbles. Im thinking of taking a file to the stock hex, unless someone has a solution to this..

I used a socket over mine to push mine in the wheel.
I ordered the RGT tires (too small for my rig) and put them on the boys
Not sure what mm yours are but I heave heard of shaving them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have ECX Tempers on the truck now... Much smaller. Little bit more grip... Got some RC4WD Boggers. Just need some beadlocks for them.

Im experiencing the exact same problem. I bought 2 different 7mm hexes and neither of them worked due to the axle shaft on the SCX24 being smaller so it wobbles. Im thinking of taking a file to the stock hex, unless someone has a solution to this..

I ran into this with RC4WD micro beadlocks. I found that a MINI Z wheel nut tool fit perfectly and allowed me to get around the nut and NOT hit the lug nuts blocking the center nut.

This worked for me. Mine was black though.

simple-hex-wheel-wrench-580x340.jpg

That's what I ended up doing. All 4 of the RC4WD wheels had different hex sizes. Pretty unbelievable lack of quality control on a $70 set of wheels for a $100 truck. I'm not thrilled with RC4WD. :x

I bought the $20 d window chrome steelies

I am running milstone spacers and their barrel nut is bigger than the oe wheel bore for the axle, so I did have to slightly enlarge them. If you don't do it right, I can put them on all wonky, but if you pay attention when tightening it, shouldn't have an issue

That's what I ended up doing. All 4 of the RC4WD wheels had different hex sizes. Pretty unbelievable lack of quality control on a $70 set of wheels for a $100 truck. I'm not thrilled with RC4WD. :x

I ended up buying the SERVICE KIT FOR 1/18 GELANDE II. It included 2x 7mm Hex Wheel Hubs Nuts w/ Pins which allowed the wheels to fit perfectly. A bit of a pricey option to mount some wheels but I have a Gelande so I could use the parts extra parts if need be.

3d3c4afceb9c6e7eb6b4ebad29721b6b.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up buying the SERVICE KIT FOR 1/18 GELANDE II. It included 2x 7mm Hex Wheel Hubs Nuts w/ Pins which allowed the wheels to fit perfectly. A bit of a pricey option to mount some wheels but I have a Gelande so I could use the parts extra parts if need be.

Nice, thanks for this tip. Think I'm gonna go this route too. I wouldn't say $12 is a pricey option considering I paid $70 for wheels to slap on a $100 truck. :lmao:

Back