• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2014 Axial Trail Class Information

Fishmaxx

I wanna be Dave
2014WorldsPoster7-23-14.jpg

Axial Trail Class Logo
Coming Soon​

After talking with JRH, dozens of other drivers and sponsors in an effort to boost attendance and publicity we are making a few adjustments Trial Class.

1) Dig and 4WS are not allowed
2) New Driver/ Come Back discounts to drivers that haven't attended an USRCCA Comp in the last year.
3) New Tires allowed VooDoo U4
4) Competition will be held on tentatively still be held Sunday

RC Driver will be at the event, and is scheduled to compete. A large turn out could be good for rc crawling overall as well as Trial Class.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2014-holmes-hobbies-worlds-at-fort-wetherill-park-in-jamestown-rhode-island-tickets-11863789915?discount=trail2014

Please do not try to use the above code if you are not eligible:mrgreen: for the discount

Last edited:
At least everyone didn't find this out at the drivers meeting.:lmao:

If this is a permanent change (no dig/4WS) to the class then I hope the Trail Class specs/rules on the RCC link are updated immediately. If this change is not permanent then guys are gonna have a heck of a time keeping track of ever changing comp dependent specs/rules. Either way, please be consistent.

I like the novice/return driver incentive.

J

At least everyone didn't find this out at the drivers meeting.:lmao:

If this is a permanent change (no dig/4WS) to the class then I hope the Trail Class specs/rules on the RCC link are updated immediately. If this change is not permanent then guys are gonna have a heck of a time keeping track of ever changing comp dependent specs/rules. Either way, please be consistent.

J

DONE

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yt55Urbm4P-rz06BtZnVnJR4QINYyUwCxkxk4A9wZnw/edit

Wow...nothing like changing the rules less than a month before the comp. Guess I spent about $400 on parts I cant use."thumbsup"

It won't be a hard rules change, it is just a restriction at this event. You can run your rig as is, just won't be able to use 4ws at this event.

J

Since the trail class is new, we need some flexibility in a few areas. The RC ORVA site will track and allow for these changes, so that organizers can state up front any pertinent details. We will also track rigs, so that we have data on things like rear wheel steering and dig. I think overall, unlimited may be more popular but we can't really know until more comps are held and we have solid data.

It won't be a hard rules change, it is just a restriction at this event. You can run your rig as is, just won't be able to use 4ws at this event.

From what I understood the rules were to be locked three months before nationals. Now there is a "soft" change called a restriction not allowing items that technically should be. I dont care what the rules end up being, just change them for the following season...not one month prior to the end of the current season.

Well, I bought the Usrcca and the rules aren't eliminating rear steer and dig for next year. But fish is running this event and has chosen to make it 2channels. Late in the game? Yes. The end of your rear steer? Nope!

I will be happy to run the class however it's going to be but I will say this.

IMO, once the first ticket is sold, rules and restrictions should not change.

I remember a guy changing rules for a single event.

It was even "worlds".

We all know the Titanic/Hindenburg/Chernobyl/Deepwater Horizon/Fukushima that his decision was.

Back