• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1st Post here, 1st Crawler

Looking good man! I'm glad that I could help you out. Now you gotta bring that thing back down so I can check it out. Maybe crawl on the indoor course a lil. And I love that body, it came out real nice "thumbsup"

i just got my first crawler 2 weeks ago ax10 kit and i love it compared to my nitro cars thinking of selling the nitros. nice job on the paint looks great. went with lipo to start out with, if you can afford them deffinately the way to go.

Looking good man! I'm glad that I could help you out. Now you gotta bring that thing back down so I can check it out. Maybe crawl on the indoor course a lil. And I love that body, it came out real nice "thumbsup"

Hey Matt, I got the tires and wheels mounted that I bought from you today. They look good and I love the weight of them, really made it heavier.

That memory foam in the Hammer tires is real soft, almost like it's not there. This set up is actually a little smaller in diameter than the Lizards on the stock wheels. I think it could be the foam. ???

I hoped to get to the crawlin rock pile but it's been raining since I got home so here's a few inside shots of the tires and wheels. I really wanted to scuff them up some on the rocks. Tomorrow.

Wheels: Mayhem Aluminum beadlocks
Tires: Proline Hammer

mine011.jpg

mine014.jpg

mine013.jpg

mine016.jpg

Not bad for a first crawler but if you think your done you're sadly mistaken. You'll tinker with it over and over again changing it into somthing that looks totaly diff than what you have here. Mark my words, remember this tread and check back a year from now, you wont recognize it. Thats what makes this hobby so much fun, YOUR NEVER FINISHED. You'll see something someone else has done and it'll give you an idea, you wont be able to leave it alone. Have fun, I sure have. Ive gotta go now and post new pics of my latest frankenstien.

Not bad for a first crawler but if you think your done you're sadly mistaken. You'll tinker with it over and over again changing it into somthing that looks totaly diff than what you have here. Mark my words, remember this tread and check back a year from now, you wont recognize it. Thats what makes this hobby so much fun, YOUR NEVER FINISHED. You'll see something someone else has done and it'll give you an idea, you wont be able to leave it alone. Have fun, I sure have. Ive gotta go now and post new pics of my latest frankenstien.

:ror: I'm 53 and have had and still have many afflictions over the years. RC and I go back to the early '80's. I had a helo that took over three grand from me. Then there is the constant tuning and tinkering on my quads and truck. Guns...another story. :ror: Yes I understand and except the fact that the crawler will never be done.

That's what I love about crawling. I love to tinker and improve things and the crawler is a great opportunity to tinker and experiment.

I'm changing the batteries now, those stick up too high for the last HPI Bug body that I bought last Friday. I can't wait to get started painting it. I have plans for a very different tube frame to keep me warm this winter. Oh yea...I love this stuff! "thumbsup"

looks good, nice job"thumbsup"

Mayhem eng.

You like those wheels?

They are pretty nice. :ror:

I think I will be ordering different outer bead lock rings, something more closed. I keep getting the points of rocks in the wheel and they are scratching up my wheels! Yes...I actually climbing rocks with mine. Right now I am waiting to see what color I end up painting the new body so I know what color rings to buy.

And...not a big thing but...I guess that you know those wheels wouldn't work on the AX10 hex. As said, not a big deal, I just modified the plastic hexes that came in the crawler kit. Did I buy the wrong ones? Or this how they are all made?

Last edited:
hi nice to have you with use your ax10 kit looks awesome the pant looks killer.

have fun use the search there is a LOT of useful info out there."thumbsup"

hi nice to have you with use your ax10 kit looks awesome the pant looks killer.

have fun use the search there is a LOT of useful info out there."thumbsup"

Thank you.

Search? :ror: I started on page one and started reading. I'm on page 65 now. Plus I took many detours along the way ny clicking on links to other threads. I agree, there's plenty to learn here. Now... if I could just remember everything I read. :ror:

I just knock off the bosses on the stk. hexes or run some flat hexes.

Just a heads up we are no longer doing green ano.

Thanks Mayhem Eng.

You like those wheels?

They are pretty nice. :ror:

I think I will be ordering different outer bead lock rings, something more closed. I keep getting the points of rocks in the wheel and they are scratching up my wheels! Yes...I actually climbing rocks with mine. Right now I am waiting to see what color I end up painting the new body so I know what color rings to buy.

And...not a big thing but...I guess that you know those wheels wouldn't work on the AX10 hex. As said, not a big deal, I just modified the plastic hexes that came in the crawler kit. Did I buy the wrong ones? Or this how they are all made?

I just knock off the bosses on the stk. hexes or run some flat hexes.

Just a heads up we are no longer doing green ano.

Thanks Mayhem Eng.

That's what I did to the plastic hexes. I wanted to save one set of hexes with the bosses so I can switch back to the Axial wheels/tires if I want to run them. I'll have to buy a set of alumimun hexes and grind off the bosses so I have a set of each. Or I can have a friend with a machine shop cut the new wheels to match the Axial wheel. Then I can switch wheels without having to swap the hexes too.

You make nice wheels...I'm not complaining.

I do have an idea for the "7" wheel that I will PM you about when I get a chance. I have to get some work done right now. Slacking too much already today. :ror:

Last edited:
Just over a week in this hobby and you have yourself a very formadible crawler goin on, on top of having excellent painting skills. Looking great I must say.

I would definatly like to be as motivated as you when it is my
turn to be 53:).

Hermit

Back