• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

12v direct power servo for steering 1/8 scale

I am considering an AGFRC 12v 45kg servo (SA75CVSW) for my 1/8 scale basher. I'm using it in dirt, snow and sand... So strong steering is important.

Is it worth going to direct power? Will it end up being a noticeable reduction in play time?

AGFRC has a 45kg servo (A81BHMW) that is not direct power and provides similar speed and a bit lower strength @ 7.4v.

My ESC is a 150Firma.

Will there be much of an effect on overall run-time?
im my opinion you would get more run time less stress and heat in the esc trying to modulate the voltage for a servo and because of the higher voltage you use less amps so the entire servo system becomes more efficent

and if that servo is brushless you will save even more power

ive never acctualy tested the theory though i rearly run my batterys down enuff to make a differance for me all i really notice is i have better steering with no glitching

Back