• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

103 acres of crawling terrain

John

Rock Crawler
Purchased 103 acres up in Colorado 3 years ago. I've been able to explore about 75% of the land as I just moved up here last year. Quite a bit of crawling terrain. Here are some pictures from my recent hike. There is a river and stream that runs a mile through the property and down the canyons. I created a private facebook group where I share all the projects currently going on at the property. Group is Colorado Mountain RC and Train if your interested in more details. Basically building a large RC park.

River-16.jpg

Rocks-3.jpg

Rocks-1.jpg

Rocks-2.jpg

Rocks-4-Lion.jpg

Waterfall-1.jpg

Rocks-7.jpg

Rocks-5.jpg

Rocks-8.jpg

Waterfall-2.jpg

Tree-and-Rocks.jpg

River.jpg

Last edited:
There are two open copper mines on the property and some log cabins from the late 1800's still standing. Need to strap a camera on one of my crawlers to see what is inside the mines. I am sure some wild life in possibly a bear or two and maybe mountain lion dens.

Lof-Cabin.jpg

Log-Cabin-Fire-Place.jpg

Hmmmm...annual crawling event at your place? :lmao:

I am basically building a large RC park on the property. Crawling courses, 1/10th and 1/8th scale off road track, indoor on-road track, RC flying runway, 1/8th and 1/4 scale trains. You can follow details on the build at my private FB group page Colorado Mountain RC & Train.

Here are my best two crawlers on the mountain. Never break down and follow me everywhere. Replaced my lawnmower. They stand over 40" tall. They are Nubians and on the larger scale of goats.

Crawler-17.jpg

rock-18.jpg

Last edited:
That would be great, once this pandemic ends. I predict it will end on November 3rd, election day.

Government has Little to Zero say on YOUR PRIVATE Property.

Besides this is no Pandemic.

It is however a Huge DEMpanic.

Even when Colorado legalized weed, I didn't want to visit Commierado.
But this, would get me to face the libtards there. lol

I would very much enjoy the RC vid of the mines. Those Old Cabins are Real Sweet too.

Government has Little to Zero say on YOUR PRIVATE Property.

Besides this is no Pandemic.

It is however a Huge DEMpanic.

Even when Colorado legalized weed, I didn't want to visit Commierado.
But this, would get me to face the libtards there. lol

I would very much enjoy the RC vid of the mines. Those Old Cabins are Real Sweet too.

Yes, I am sort of isolated from the whole virus issue up here at 7800 ft. We are pretty much spread out up here, so no issues.

I have more pictures of the cabins and will post. Yes, will post vid once I go in the mines. I've been close to the openings and just see bats flying in and out. Can image there's some big wild life parties in there.

I see some amazing crawling spots in the photos you posted. That is some beautiful country for sure. You need to put some good lights on your crawler and also stick a FPV camera on it along with a Gopro or Moblus action camera. Wish I was closer I bring my Summit with the Runcam Split on it to send in there.

Back