• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1.9 Moon buggy (Capra eater)

Awesome buggy. I'm just about to finish up my moon buggy and it's cool to see some other scale moon buggies out there.

Yeah cool, Im aiming for about that as well.

What is the length and width of your cage work at its longest/widest points? Really hard to judge scale!

It is 14"long with rear panhard, cage/cab is approx. 5" wide.

Going a different direction now with this little Moon buggy.
Will be going with a traditional Comp setup with VP Hurtz dig and straight F9 axles.

Excited to get it done and take it back to Southern Utah!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200422_182229.jpg
    IMG_20200422_182229.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_20200422_182225.jpg
    IMG_20200422_182225.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_20200422_182238.jpg
    IMG_20200422_182238.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 499
Rear panhard for Currie F9

Attachments

• IMG_20200422_182209.jpg
    IMG_20200422_182209.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_20200422_182215.jpg
    IMG_20200422_182215.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 503
Rear panhard for Currie F9

Question on link geometry....

For your rear 3 link, I noticed that the top link outside the normal mounts. This attachment point is less triangulated than if it were mounted on the inside. Is this okay since the panhard bar is providing all the lateral support, thus reducing the need of any other triangulation? (The top link is only providing rotational support, thus it doesn't need any triangulation?)

Sorry if this a complete newb question.

Your fine I like newbs! "thumbsup"

You are correct triangulation isn't needed with panhard setups. Panhard does most of the work there. (Infact panhard 3 links work better if upper and lower links run straight back from the chassis to axle mounting points)
But because this is a center diff axle (and I was too lazy to add in a proper upper axle mount for the 3 link) it just gets mounted outside stock mounts for now until I incorporate a upper link mount near the panhard mount on the axle.

Triangulated 3 link panhard setups work ok, but work much better as stated above. Hope that makes sense....:mrgreen:

The rear portal setup I had on this was a proper set up for this application with offset diff and parallel links "thumbsup"

Your fine I like newbs! "thumbsup"

You are correct triangulation isn't needed with panhard setups. Panhard does most of the work there. (Infact panhard 3 links work better if upper and lower links run straight back from the chassis to axle mounting points)
But because this is a center diff axle (and I was too lazy to add in a proper upper axle mount for the 3 link) it just gets mounted outside stock mounts for now until I incorporate a upper link mount near the panhard mount on the axle.

Triangulated 3 link panhard setups work ok, but work much better as stated above. Hope that makes sense....:mrgreen:

The rear portal setup I had on this was a proper set up for this application with offset diff and parallel links "thumbsup"

That’s what I was figuring. I might have rework my front 3 link at some point.

Thanks!

Back