• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1/4 scale Landcruiser

Yay! the diffs have arrived, A LOT bigger than I expected they would be:ror:
rsz_img_20200925_140352.jpg

rsz_img_20200925_140330.jpg

rsz_img_20200925_140428.jpg

Looks big beside the TF2 but perfect scale for 1/4 cruiser"thumbsup"

Built a simple engine stand just to get the engine running and see if everything runs fine and if I need to modify anything. One thing that I know for sure I have to remake is the oilpump and waterpump pulleys and swap them out to real belt pulleys because as of now they're driven by some kind of rubber bands which doesn't seem to work very well.

Yes the stand is ugly I know :ror:
rsz_img_20200926_205114.jpg

rsz_img_20200926_205117.jpg

Oh these sparkplugs are so cute:razz:
rsz_img_20200926_205620.jpg

so I tried to fire up the beast for the first time today but no luck..
rsz_img_20200927_180731.jpg

found out that it didn't have any spark so after a bit of investigating I think I found the issue, these cables that goes to the distributor was loose:roll:
rsz_img_20200927_180803.jpg

AND the oilpump refuse to spin so guess I'll have contact the seller and get a new one:x

Looks great, I cannot wait to see/ hear this running. Good thing you do not live in California, otherwise the clean air people, would have you put all kinds of smog equipment on that engine. LOL Great work on everything so far!

Looks great, I cannot wait to see/ hear this running. Good thing you do not live in California, otherwise the clean air people, would have you put all kinds of smog equipment on that engine. LOL Great work on everything so far!
Thank you very much! haha sure would get a lawsuit for running that thing straight piped:lmao:

Finally I got it up and running after many days of headache! But as you will see in this video the water pump belt flew off and stopped the coolant from circulating but I only run it for a very short amount of time so it didn't get hurt. Second problem is that it seems to be either eating a lot of oil or it is just oil in the engine from assembly. But other than that is was a BLAST hearing it for the first time and I can tell you after that little run I had to evac basement ASAP since it was filled with smoke:lmao:

Enjoy! Sorry for the messy basement, it's been a lot of projects going on now:ror:
<a href="<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Lg5B2OBltQ8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Lg5B2OBltQ8" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Lg5B2OBltQ8

Long time since I've done a update on this build now but fortunatly I should get some time this weekend to do some building on the cruiser again.

this evening I just played around with the engine and made things a bit nicer, also mounted a K&N filter for extra HP:lmao:
rsz_img_20201022_183900.jpg

turned the exhaust upside down so now it's more like a car engine and not a tractor engine
rsz_img_20201022_183926.jpg

And as any normal human being I just had to open it up and see what it looks like on the inside:ror:
rsz_img_20201022_172600.jpg

Finally, a starter kit and a scale fuel filter is ordered and should arrive in a couple of weeks
rsz_namnl_s2.jpg

rsz_namnl_s.jpg

that's it for now, post more later when I've done some building on the car itself"thumbsup"

Wow that is looking really cool. Look forward to seeing more.
Thanks! Sorry I haven't given any updates in a long time but it's a really hectic time at work now:shock: should be home again next tuesday, maybe I'll get time to do something then"thumbsup"

Neat little motor where did you score that..
Bought it from stirlingkit.com :)

This thing is so freaking rad.
Hehe it is quite special yes:mrgreen:

Finally back home and some new stuff has arrived:mrgreen: The starter kit for the engine and since this project has become quite extreme I had to order a 3d printer to help me out a little bit! It has now opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me in this hobby"thumbsup"

anyway, here's some pictures!
rsz_img_20201117_191804.jpg

rsz_img_20201117_134650.jpg

Making a overflow tank for the coolant in CAD, will be my first 3d print project:mrgreen:
rsz_img_20201117_173615.jpg

rsz_img_20201117_175939.jpg

The printer is a Artillery sidewinder x1 v4

Back