• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Workbench/work area

Spent the better part of the weekend reorganizing the hobby bench in the garage. Added some shelves above the bench and moved all of my non hobby tools to another part of the garage. Bench is now dedicated to my hobbies, mostly my crawlers.

cd123bbc8a53a2bba60148101abb4f78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So organized!

I tidy up my desk, then by the time I’m done working, it’s a mess again, lmao.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spent the better part of the weekend reorganizing the hobby bench in the garage. Added some shelves above the bench and moved all of my non hobby tools to another part of the garage. Bench is now dedicated to my hobbies, mostly my crawlers.

cd123bbc8a53a2bba60148101abb4f78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome! I am a perfectionist so I like when everything is organized. Mess on the table or on my workplace is going me crazy. By the way, I bought a cool tool bag and can share a great review https://cozyhousetoday.com/best-hvac-tool-bag-reviews/ , I am sure it's useful for everyone here.

Last edited:
Hopefully not too late to this party. Been trying to get tidied up and changes done to my work area ever since this thread got started.

My RC work area is in a room in the basement (or the dungeon as we call it) and what you see is an area about 10 ft long and 5 ft deep. We moved here about 4-1/2 years ago and in our previous house my work area was the top of a 12 cuft chest freezer. Seems like I have acres of room now. And, I don't have to clean everything up to get the frozen stuff out for dinner. "thumbsup"

Attachments

• Worbench1.jpg
    Worbench1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 979
  • Workbench2.jpg
    Workbench2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 964
I know you're in Canada but where did you get that 5-chest flat drawer on the lower right corner of your first picture? I would love to have one of those. RC airplane parts, RC car parts, model railroading stuff, you get the idea... :)

I know you're in Canada but where did you get that 5-chest flat drawer on the lower right corner of your first picture? I would love to have one of those. RC airplane parts, RC car parts, model railroading stuff, you get the idea... :)

Its a 5-drawer cabinet for storing engineering drawings (antique!). The company I used to work for moved to a new location and part of that process was to digitize all the old paper drawings. Didn't need the cabinets any more so they sold them to the employees for CDN $5 each. Each drawer is only about 2" tall so you have to think about what is small enough to store in them. I bought 3 just because they were $5 but that was before I got into RCs so wasn't sure what I would use them for. I have 1 that has all my lathe, mill, and drill press tooling in and the 3rd one is a lot of misc stuff. If I'd known they could be this useful I probably would have bought more.

Sometimes you can find stuff like this on craigslist or similar sites when companies are doing exactly what my company did. Don't hold your breath though, this isn't stuff that shows up every day. At least now you know what you're looking for.

Thanks Nightcrawler. Damn! $5 each??? Yeah, you should have bought them all! LOL! Now I know what to look out for. But as the world get more and more digital these will be hard to find I'm sure.

If I remember correctly, we did the digitizing in 2009 or maybe 2010. We had been using CADD for about 15 years at that time.

If you Google "engineering drawing file cabinets" there's actually a few companies still manufacturing these cabinets. NOT $5, you'll crap yourself when you see what the prices are for brand new cabinets. Actually, I almost crapped myself when I say today's prices. We had a room that was probably 800 sqft, full of these cabinets, stacked 2 or 3 high.

The ones I have are for "D" size drawings and the inside dimensions for the drawer is 24-1/2" x 37" x 2" deep. There are other sizes as well.

Thought I'd post up my area. Started with a work bench in the corner of my basement and has expanded over the past 15 years. So has my collection of rc vehicles.

Attachments

• IMG_20201226_114918.jpg
    IMG_20201226_114918.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 907
  • IMG_20201226_114933.jpg
    IMG_20201226_114933.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 913
  • IMG_20201226_114950.jpg
    IMG_20201226_114950.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 868
Back