• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

With stars gone Forum Spy is now unusable

HumboldtEF

Tiny truck hoarder
Lifetime Gold Baby!
So now that we can no longer pay to get supporter stars using the forum spy feature is no longer possible. I just get blocked if I try to use it.

I get this message: HumboldtEF, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

With this forum moving so slowly forum spy is really they best way to see recent activity.

It would make sense to make this available to all members and remove the permission requirement (having a star).

That or change the way the New Posts feature works, making it pull up new posts but then continuing on with older posts as well.

I know this isn't critical at all but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Last edited:
I was under the impression the "new posts" search just listed everything since I was on last. I just bookmarked new posts as my shortcut to view this site.

I was under the impression the "new posts" search just listed everything since I was on last. I just bookmarked new posts as my shortcut to view this site.

Yeah thats how new posts works, I've done the same.

It could be made much more useful if it pulled up all new posts plus listing older post as well. Most other forums will do this. New posts should ideally bring up tons of pages of results, thats essentially what forum spy does or did.

The only other way to find new stuff I missed is to sift through every sub forum which isn't feasible.

Something like this below (the page cut off the bottom, theres 15 pages of older results)
UQRr4pu.jpg

Last edited:
This is a good idea. I hope it can be done

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

Back