• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Where to crawl? Detroit/Oakland County area

TFitzPat87

Rock Stacker
Hey everyone! I'm new to the RC world and already hooked! I'm about to finish up my SCX10.2 Xj here pretty soon and am looking for people/places around the Detroit/Oakland County area to start getting some hours in. I'm really just in it to tinker, enjoy, and spend money (obviously "thumbsup") but I'd be willing to checkout a comp if it's a laid back environment. I hear too much crap about people at comps being a pain.

Check out 313 Crawlers and Michigan Scale Crawlers on Facebook. As for me, I like to hit the trail behind OCC at Farmington and 12 mile, Woodland Hills Nature Park, weather permitting.

Thanks! Didn't think anyone would ever post in here. I actually work in Novi so I'm not far from Farmington OCC. Not sure I'm familar with Woodland Hills. I may know it, but just didn't know thats what it's called. I actually live in warren though.

South of 12 mile across the OCC Farmington Rd entrance. Yeah, it's a neat spot. A twisty creek, some rocks, some hills, some deer trails. Definitely worth checking out when it warms up. I recommend waterproofing:roll:. Up in Davisburg, there's Mill Pond Park- a lot of rocks, but no trails. The 313 group have a few spots around the Livonia /Westland area, but I haven't been able to check them out.

South of 12 mile across the OCC Farmington Rd entrance. Yeah, it's a neat spot. A twisty creek, some rocks, some hills, some deer trails. Definitely worth checking out when it warms up. I recommend waterproofing:roll:. Up in Davisburg, there's Mill Pond Park- a lot of rocks, but no trails. The 313 group have a few spots around the Livonia /Westland area, but I haven't been able to check them out.

Yeah, I plan on waterproofing everything. Will probably do it soon cause I want to take it out in the snow. ESC is already waterproof (AE-5), and the RX is good since it's in the waterproof container. Just gotta take care of the servo really. I hear brushed motors don't seem to mind water, and everything else is good. Might plastidip the LiPo just to be safe.

Back