• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Wheely King vs SMT10

Locked Up

SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS
Vendor
Some of you may be wondering so we took some pictures.

(From our SMT10 build thread)

Upon initial inspection, the tires are pretty close in size. The Axial are a hair larger and have a slightly rounder contact patch.
IMG_4268.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

Wheels are similar but the Axial wheels do appear to have more beef around the hex.
IMG_4277.jpg

So I know those of you with a WK may be asking if the Axial stuff will work .... it will.
IMG_4279.jpg

And that goes both ways:
IMG_4280.jpg

The track width is definitely different.
IMG_4270.jpg

IMG_4278.jpg

And the Wheelbase is not even close.
IMG_4272.jpg

The chassis are very different. The WK motor is MUCH higher and the Axial has a lot more tube work to give it that scale look.
IMG_4273.jpg

Once we get out and do some driving we will have more thoughts and will add them here as well.

Oh and if you were eyeballing an SMT10 body for your WK, we were too.
IMG_4274.jpg

Eventually, we will be mounting this on here so stay tuned to our WK thread to see how it turns out.

I had a WK when it first came out it was fun trying to figure out making it a crawler. Caught the bug again and have a SMT10 coming.

I bought a wheely king clost to 10 years ago with the intention of making it a crawler (before the crawler king came out).... Cant remember why I sold it anymore..... Purple STRC links and diff locks, t-max drive shafts, masher 2000 tires with star cut foams, homemade front axle servo mount and swapped axles so the battery was in front..... hehe those were the days....

Last edited:
Back