• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What KV should I put in my yeti.

The castle web site says "...stadium trucks up to 4lbs using 2-3S LiPo power" and the yeti is twice that weight. You may be able to make it work if you gear it carefully and watch the heat buildup.

I have the Tekin ROC412 HD 3100kv and that takes a *very* careful trigger finger to get all of that power to the ground to get to its top speed (30+ mph) on dirt and gravel with the locked rear diff.

It depends on how you intend to drive it, your gearing, and how heavy your yeti turns out. Also, the two-speed upgrade will allow you to run relatively higher gearing/kv with less heat issues by using low gear for the trails.

I would go with a lower kV, personally. In stock form it's a 2150kV, IIRC. Volt up for TQ and kV up for speed. If sensored I'd go with the higher kV.

I would go with a lower kV, personally. In stock form it's a 2150kV, IIRC. Volt up for TQ and kV up for speed. If sensored I'd go with the higher kV.

RTR gets you a 3150kv motor. I think this is a good match to the yeti (hence my 3100kv Tekin) but the RTR's ESC was at its limit.

i use a 1410 3800kv with 64/19 or now 56/16 no issues."thumbsup" mostly driven on sticky grass surface. But i check temp regular on runs no temp issues either.
I run a fan on motor and esc :mrgreen:

I know the recommendation of castle regarding the application, but never found that info on a tekin or HH wondering what they meant for?

Last edited:
Back