• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What is a good Amazon brushed crawler motor?

Dive bomber

So my motor broke and I just need a decent cheap motor to get me up and running. And maybe something that can last a little while

One of the very few products from Integy I would recommend are their motors. They are well built and they last.

Amazon is the worst place to shop for RC parts IMHO (not the best prices and multiple multiple multiple duplicate listings).

Amain is a great retailer and has most of Holmes Hobbies sport motors that come in around $15-$22 and $2.99 shipping (just dont get a Retro Sport, those are for go fasts). If you need recommendations on which specific sport motor to go with just let us know.
EDIT: Its worth noting there are knock offs of these motors out there so its best to buy from reputable retailers (again not Amazon)

Last edited:
Amazon is the worst place to shop for RC parts IMHO (not the best prices and multiple multiple multiple duplicate listings).

Amain is a great retailer and has most of Holmes Hobbies sport motors that come in around $15-$22 and $2.99 shipping (just dont get a Retro Sport, those are for go fasts). If you need recommendations on which specific sport motor to go with just let us know.
EDIT: Its worth noting there are knock offs of these motors out there so its best to buy from reputable retailers (again not Amazon)

Couldn't agree more!

Amazon sucks. You may or may not get a fake product.

Holmes Hobby Sport motors are great budget motors.

The great Integy motors supposedly got worse over the years. There used to be a thread on that. Going off of memory here.

holms hobbies cheap and work great about the same price maybe a doller or 2 more as the other cheap motors but work better
not that the cheap chinese motors are bad but john is a great guy and makes great motors
that doller or 2 goes to innovate in other areas like brushless motors and am32 opensorce programing for escs
it goes directly back in to our hobby

FWIW. I Picked up a RHINO ESC last fall. Wanted a cheap but useable outrunner for it.
After a bit of research, I decided to roll the dice. I bought a 2815 Surpass Hobby Outrunner Drone Motor, which had a 4.5mm shaft I think it was. May have been a 5mm output shaft onit. At any rate, I set it up In a simple mount, then used a file and took the shaft down to 3.175mm. Took about 5 maybe 10 minutes of lightly running the motor using the trim control to spin it steady, then just rode the file and measured it with my calipers for size until it was good.
Motor was 16.00 I think it was. Strong motor, gobs of torque, runs silent and was cheap.
I haven't been able to use it much so I can't say much about longevity, long term build duality, but overall for 16.00 its a nice lil outrunner motor that you should be able to find on Amazon. I got mine from Ali Express.

ok. NVMD my post above. I re-read your and see you wanted Brushed. My bad, but good info so I'll leave it up.

Look for a Holmes Hobby Motor. you'll find them and should have some seller selling them on Amazon.

Going to parrot the group here. Steer clear of the Amazon motors (You never really know what you're getting unless it's a direct Amazon Store by a reputable shop).

The Holmes Hobbies Brushed motors are really hard to beat price wise. I have 3 of them, sitting as spares now as I've converted over to Brushless. But for the $$ They just are damn hard to beat.

The worst thing about Amazon is all of the blatantly fake crap that is on there. There seems to be zero accountability by Amazon regarding this issue. My chosen ecosystem for power tools is Milwaukee; you have an 80% chance of getting cheaply copied products. It is almost 100% for batteries; worse than they being branded knock-offs, they are often fire hazards.

With that, I am not sure why anyone would try to sell Intetgy-branded knock-offs, so you are likely good to buy their motors from Amazon.

The worst thing about Amazon is all of the blatantly fake crap that is on there. There seems to be zero accountability by Amazon regarding this issue. My chosen ecosystem for power tools is Milwaukee; you have an 80% chance of getting cheaply copied products. It is almost 100% for batteries; worse than they being branded knock-offs, they are often fire hazards.

With that, I am not sure why anyone would try to sell Intetgy-branded knock-offs, so you are likely good to buy their motors from Amazon.
integy motors are probably the same chinese motors there using to make fake holms hobbies motors out of

Back