• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What Hub size?

PileDriver

Rock Crawler
Subscribed Member
I am getting a Vs4-10 kit and want add vanquish beadlocks. What slw hub size do I need to keep it stock width?
Sorry for such a basic question but I've been out the hobby for years and just getting back into it.

thanks
Kev

Welcome back!

They usually include plastic Incision wheels with #4 incision hubs which are listed as a .425" offset. There isn't a .425" version but there is a .475" SLW hub which is pretty darn close in size (1/16" wider on each side).

I am getting a Vs4-10 kit and want add vanquish beadlocks. What slw hub size do I need to keep it stock width?
Sorry for such a basic question but I've been out the hobby for years and just getting back into it.

thanks
Kev
225 is stock "Axial" offset. Every size up on vp hubs equals 1/8". So you gain 1/4" over all width.

Are the offsets of the rims on Incision and Vanquish the same with no hubs mounted? I wonder why they would make different hub sizes in the Incision product line. It sounds like if I had a RTR Phoenix for example and wanted to put on Vanquish beadlocks I would not be able to obtain the stock width exactly and be over or under by 1/4" for overall width.

They seem to both be centered though they dont list the specs. I think they're probably different for no real reason.

My original response about a #4 hub was just based on this wheel: Which is one of 2 stock VP wheels I have, it was on the Origin Pro and Ultra. They may have use the wider hubs here because of the Ultra having portals and requiring more clearance maybe?

The other stock set I have is for the Fordyce, it has a plastic wheel with a built in hub. With 1 1/2" wide tires the track width is 9". Likely equivalent to a 225 hub.

The Fordyce with a different set of VP wheels (not stock wheels) and 350 hubs and 1 1/2" wide tires has a track width of 9 1/2"

Typically when I want a narrow setup I go for 225 or 350 hubs, these are solid options for almost any rig. 475 and up will be wider, I usually stay away from those as scrub radius (steering) gets worse the wider you go.

You might reach out to Vanquish and ask them too, they're usually pretty responsive.

Now that I remembering 350 is what I think I was buying years ago for a stock stance for the scx10s. Maybe I'll try to pull up my order history from RPP.
Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.
-kevin

.350 is a good size. Depending on the wheels and portal vs straight axle, you may get by with .225s.

Locked Up RC offers sizes in between VP's, but they require you to cut the lip off the hexes.

Back