• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

Vortex 250 Pro - RC Flyers Club

RcCrawlerKing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d3uiqznl8

Got to go flying at the Hinton RC flyers. Brought my Vortex along to film some of the large scale airplanes flying in the air. Also had my own fun flying around doing flips and racing through the bush. It was very nice out and very calm. The sun made it difficult for the pilots flying LOS (Line of Sight) and it was very hard to see through my quad copters camera when I was looking at the sun. It was a great day of flying for everyone including me because I only crashed once and I normally pile drive my Vortex into concrete or a tree every pack. I only did that once this day and landed successfully after draining the other 3 packs! I would have gotten closer to the planes while I was filming them but I didn't want to be that guy who takes out someone else pride and joy from the sky so I kept my distance. The white plane at the end of the video was made entirely from stuff bought from the hardware store. The fuselage or main body of the plain was made from a rain water gutter. You'll have to watch until the end of the video to see if it crashed or flew. There were many other planes that I never got a chance to film. My friend Dustin brought his plane and had the prop break in two mid air, he managed to successfully pull off an emergency landing. In this video I also do an altitude test and manage to make it 728m straight up from my launch location, I did it just to get a shot of the incredible view, I won't do it again however because I don't want to risk loosing my quad copter if something went wrong and drone laws are starting to put a height restriction on how high up you can go also. Two reasons I will not be doing it again. Next time I am back out at RC flyers I will get some much better footage of some of the other aircraft. I am off to the city tomorrow for my two month automotive service technician technical training course so hopefully I am able to get some footage of me trailing with ST-RC again and if I bring my quad copter I hope to get some footage of me racing through one of the car parks there.

Back