• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

Vintage Tamiya Holiday Buggy - Restoration Project

BlackSeaRC

For those of you with an interest in RC vehicles that date back to the 1980's, I have recently taken my first ever RC buggy out of storage to start a restoration project. The vehicle in question is the Tamiya Holiday Buggy, part number 58023, that was released in 1980.

I got it second hand in the mid-1980's and used it extensively until it was gradually replaced by newer vehicles in my RC collection. At sometime in the late 1980's, it was repainted in a white/orange/yellow colour scheme. It hasn't driven for around 20 years so I was interested to find out if the 40 year old Tamiya 6V Ni-Cd battery was still alive.

Check out the video below where I show the chassis and body of this iconic RC buggy in close-up detail, including the period Acoms electronics.

I then start the restoration project by stripping down the body and repainting it to match the original box art.

https://youtu.be/2tsBv-lxuFY

Back