• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

******venom creeper upgrades*****

Venom creeper upgrades

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trevely15

hey Venom creeper owners, Please Post up your problems about the Venom creeper and how you have improved that problem.

Please feel free to post up any recommended for the venom creeper because i got the rig and just asking rccrawler.com what up grades i should get for the rig because face it no one wants to deal with a broken part when doing comp crawling.
Tom,"thumbsup"

8)1st, build the tranny right. I did. And ran mine in comps w/b-less power for 2 yrs-no probs. 2nd, get all the metal upgtrades from ckrc you can. 3rd, go to your local osh or ace(most important one), & get a piece of copper tubing that fits around your outputs behind the wheel. They'll slide right over those little bastard pins that make all creeper owners nutz! Then, just crimp the ends a bit so they wont slide. Happy crawling!

I think Ill let someone else throw up the comprehensive list of aftermarket parts that you should or need to add. Some of your questions were covered here already... http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/venom-creeper/381015-venom-safari-help-get.html ...answers really havent changed.

As far as your poll goes
What upgrades should I buy for this rig

The RMDW sticky has all of the mods you need to do...written out.

What turn motor should i get for the rig if im going to run mostly scale and the ocasional crawl

best all around motor is a 55t lathe motor with a 17 - 19 tooth pinion.

Where is the best battery nount on the rig for a standered nimh 6 cell

The only place you can mount a STANDARD 6cell nimh pack is in the stock location...its too big to go anywhere else. This was also answered in your 4-25 post in the electronics forum. As stated there...if you use the large stick packs your options are limited. The battery question was also covered here... http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/venom-creeper/380348-venom-creeper-battery-mount.html

How do i fix the shaking movement of the front drive shaft because it shakes the whole truck

another thing covered in the RMDW sticky...replace the driveshafts. but if the drive shaft wobbles then something isnt put together right...check the yoke and make sure the set screws are lined up with the flat side of the pinion shaft on the axle and the transmission...drive shaft may be bad.

Last edited:
Boy that Thomas doesn't miss a thing! All threads in all diff places.... I'm pretty sure trevely it was also stated in one of ur many started threads that the biggest part of crawling and or building a rig is READING.......... All the info has been covered an re-covered.. there are plenty of comp rig builds, stock an paradox'd, here on the first page if not on the second.. there fully built and comped.. if ya can't find an answer, after reading ALL of them, then ask. Not to sound rude but this is why some ppl can't get answers to What they want when they want it.. the poll has been taken multiple times in multiple threads.. just read

How many people took the time to read the request for info then replied to it only to have the same questions asked again...Trevely isnt wrong for asking questions and Im not targeting him for doing it...but to ask for an answer or several answers... then get several.... then ask again.... is kind of a smack in the face to those who tried to help. Thats what makes people stop helping...they get an attitude of "ya know...he asked....got a bunch of info and none of it seems to matter to him"....so "why should I help anymore?" This is why someone posts up a thread and you see 50...100...140+ hits on the thread and ZERO help...ZERO comments...

Some people think that I go over board with pushing people to read whats already written...but there are three threads containing these same "poll" questions on page two of the Creeper forum...by the OP

ok ill do some research....

Don't really need to research. 99% of the things you are wondering about are right in RMDW's T&T post. Its a sticky right on top. Has tons of usefull info and Thomas knows his stuff. There are also posts from some of the other creeper hardcores in there with other options and so forth. This forum is the best crawler info on the web that I have found so if you are here you dont need to look any further for info.

Back