• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Venom Creeper Motor recommendations?

rs10crazy

I just got this venom creeper in a trade and its got a lrp esc and a radon 17t motor. Im thinking thats gonna be too fast of a motor for this crawler. So i was wondering what motor turn of motor would be the best of this crawler?

are we talking brushed or brushless? there is some difference in the final performance but a 17.5 brushless should be plenty of fun really. You can run a smaller motor pinion to knock some speed off and pick up some crawlability. I run a 15t brushed motor and a 20 tooth motor pinion, she crawls like a dream and can do wheel stands.

well the motor thats in it is a brushed 17 T motor. I was wanting just to use a brushed setup. i was thinking maybe a 35t or a 45t brushed motor. whats a good brand or does it matter?:mrgreen:

Holmes hobbies torque master pro 540 and torque master expert 540 motors are both good motors. I run the expert with a 35t in my creeper and I comp with it. You still have a lot of torque but you also have some wheel speed if you need it. I also am running the stock 15t pinion with it. Hope this is some help.

I run a Novak 45t with a 19t pinion and an MMP esc. I get speed for bouncing up onto stuff with more battery. I usually stay with 3S power but it also sees 4S power quite a bit as well. If I were you I'd stick a 35t in there.

that holmes 35t sounds good but so does the novak 45t motor. I dont run lipos just nimh 6 cell packs. so im thinking maybe the 45t with a 19 pinion would be better because of me using nimh packs. Does holmes make a 45t motor?

Holmes makes everything!.. any turn you want..

My personal experience says run a 35t HH torquemaster pro with the stock 15t or a 16t pinion or even a 30t.. if I knew last year when I ran my creeper, I would of went with a 16t crawlmaster even. The battery won't be affected in run time by either. The smooth start up of a higher turn motor is more efficient. You will have more fun too. Not to mention, I believe a 19t pinion was used on a 55t motor by most RMDW team driver's.

Now a question for you? Why not run lipo?

I'm actually running that setup but I have the LRP 21 t brushless setup submergible ESC I use 2s 5.2 Integy lipo and I get good run time with it not too fast and not too slow I get enough torque as well. Just my .02

I just got this venom creeper in a trade and its got a lrp esc and a radon 17t motor. Im thinking thats gonna be too fast of a motor for this crawler. So i was wondering what motor turn of motor would be the best of this crawler?

What u gonna do with the radon 17t motor?

i run an integy 55t with a 19t pinion ( little less wheel speed but mountains of torque ) the 45t or even the 35t would also be great choices for your creeper ( just gear accordingly ) . i would also encourage you to consider switching to lipo power , the power is great along with smaller size .

I went the cheap route and bought an HPI Saturn 35t motor.. Running it on 2s with a 22t pinion. Good speed and good torque. I use it for light crawling and trailing though. The motor gets about 140 degrees after a full run on a 5000mah 2s lipo.. that's after a good hard crawl though. If I just trail with it, the motor gets just a little warm. Good runtimes too, with averages being around and hour.

-Corrupt

Back