• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Vanquish chomoly top shaft, and slipper clutches!

Zac_F71

Rock Stacker
Hey guys- I'm using a SCX10 trans in a race oriented 1/8 monster truck build, and wondering about the Vanquish top shaft, and using a non axial slipper.

My quest to to make the truck and rotating gear as light as possible. Does anyone or has anyone used a non axial clutch with the dual slipper style top shaft?

I am using a stock axial trans case, Hot Racing aluminum top/idler gears, and a Robinson 1 piece aluminum output gear. I want to upgrade the clutch to lighten it up a bit more, and keep 48p gearing.. (can only find 32p dual slipper spurs or metal = not what I'm after)

I was thinking of trying a Avid mod slipper on it, as I have had them in the past on 2wd buggies, and know they can be modded further to be even lighter.

Anyone feel free to point me in the right direction, or advice would be great!

i am a lazy guy, so I am using Robinson Racing 32P Slipper Kit Steel Slipper (56T) + a SuperShafty beefy top shaft. Fast, easy and hassle free. Since you are going to build 1/8 scale monster truck so I guess the beefy top shaft is what you need for a long run. Cheers

Back