• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Vandal buggy build

geordyn

This was sitting as a roller that I almost tossed. I've always wanted to build a foffer but never had a base to build from. I originally was going to use a redcat everest and do a build with solid axles but it was going to take a lot to get it low and fast. I was trying to come up with ideas and then I saw the losi 8 scale buggy build on here and a couple videos of people using buggies and decided to use the buggy. So thanks for the inspiration!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I guess I'll start this off with what I've done so far. The last time this buggy ran it got dunked in a river and was about 4 feet under water for about 10 minutes before I found it. Then it sat for about a year. The wheel bearing and bearing in the diffs were locked and rusted up. So I completely tore it down and cleaned cleaned cleaned. New bearings everywhere and grease. I ordered a goolrc 3800kv motor and 60amp esc.

I wanted to run a different body but wasn't sure on mounting one... So I bought some long crawler body posts and was going to make little mounts the mount them vertically off of the shock towers. And I found a jeep rubicon yeti body that I thought would look good

ad374def0a17917369a54ff542e037af.jpg

This is a mock up with the yeti body. I'm gonna have to hack it up a little to get it to fit. If the buggy was 1/8 scale it would probably fit a lot better

Back