• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Unlimited JDB's Flatdeck D90 AKA "Druggy"

UnlimitedJDB

Pebble Pounder
A buddy had a D90 that we wanted to sell cause he mod'd his wb to 10 and it performed like crap, so I gor a nice hardbody for dirt cheap. I decided to build a flatdeck truggy with it cause I didn't want to change my wb.

I used styrene and balsa for the deck. and painted the body copper and then red on top so the scratched come out as rust. I added a rust coating in some areas, and weathered the stickers.

It was a fun build. Hope you like it!

landyinspire.jpg

The inspiration

landy3.jpg

Hacked the body and glues the back on the the cab

landy4.jpg

fab'd up the flack deck

landy6.jpg

Painted up

landy5.jpg

Cracked windshield

landy7.jpg

detail shot of the rust

Landytestrun2.jpg

Backyard test run

Landytestrun.jpg

First trail run

I luv it, I luv it, ......................
If you get tired of her, plz let me know...Ive been lookin for somethin like this for a lonnng time..

I luv it, I luv it, ......................
If you get tired of her, plz let me know...Ive been lookin for somethin like this for a lonnng time..

I'd consider selling the body if the price was right (cover my costs). I only built it cause I was waiting for parts for my 1.9 wraith and I wanted to see what hardbody build are like. PM me with an offer if you really want it.

I already have too many bodies for my SCX and am more of a Jeeper.

Overall real nice job, love this D90, not a mod I've seen before!

Personally I would like to see a bit more rust around the hinges, just like the 1:1's I've run across... just sayin'
I plan to build my D90 like it was new off the showroom floor. Then let my driving skills(?) and trails add what character they will =)

Cheers,
Todd

that's some killer work but it looks really high to me.

It probably looks high because the flatdeck needed to clear the shock mounts. I run a few different bodies on the same chassis so I had to work with it. Also I tried it in droop and it looked awesome but I didn't like how it bounced all over.

Back