• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Twin Hammers cage on SCX chassis bouncer conversion aka Bounce Hammers!

Keep it up, looks better and better every update "thumbsup"

Can you show a pic or describe the "quick release" bonnet system, at the shock mounts and cab area ?
its a little hard to describe but i'll give it a shot "thumbsup"

you basically need to start off with a bonnet thats had the hood hinge mod done for the upright shock mount on the Twin Hammers...
that involved cutting a cross bar from the hood piece itself so it could hinge forward towards the front bumper
when the bonnet piece is moved closer to the cab, it can be hooked underneath the bar work thats been left on the cab..

here you can see the V bars on the windscreen come down and the bonnet hooks behind them..
the cross bar has been flipped around so its now in front of the V bars when its original location was to sit behind...

WP_20150602_18_27_41_Pro__highres.jpg

this shows where the V bars come down and join that horizontal cross bar and create a kind of "L" shaped hook on either side...

WP_20150602_18_30_44_Pro__highres.jpg

the front of the hood piece now becomes the hinge point, using some spacers and screwed it to the shock towers..
i had to enlargen the screw holes through those 2 short tubes at the point where the hood would normally attach the front skid/bash plate on the TH
i'll refine the hinge when i get some shock towers made up that suit the now angled front shocks

WP_20150602_18_31_18_Pro__highres2.jpg

Oh, very nice mash up. Love the side profile!

I am big fan of mixing up different trucks to make something truly unique. Now you have me wanting to build a version of this up, when I don't even need another truck!
yeah its an awesome mash up and just so stupidly simple to do... and that side profile is just the perfect look for what this is loosely styled around "thumbsup"
And i apologise for giving you a build idea, you're not the only one i've had to say sorry to now haha :mrgreen:

ps. do the build, you know you want to.. and i'd love to see what someone else can come up with (and no doubt refine the idea!) ;-)8)

Thank you for the write up, I hadn't seen that mod before.On my hammers I just let it hinge at the bumper and flip the entire cage up. The 4 chassis screws are not used, the cage is only attached to the rear upright shock towers.

I like your way on this build, yet another idea I need to pilfer:mrgreen:

i hinted before that something to do with the shock hoops or chassis would more than likely be in the works..
well here's what the outcome of talking to a mate who can water jet cut out chassis rails (he makes replacement/modified SCX rails under the name of ALT896 Designs and sells them locally)

* note that all this was done at work hence the very rough drawings.. figured i may as well show the working out phase :)

it started out as a set of replacement shock hoops to be cut from 2-3mm steel/alu..
the measurements are basics as to what was needed to suit the desired height, shock angles and shock lengths..

WP_20150601_20_24_27_Pro__highres.jpg

and then the idea of full rails kicked in, so a basic drawing on a side view to show an idea..

11120588_10153372320093256_260675135_n.jpg

now a simple sketch with more measurements done on a notepad in between doing the job that pays for my hobbies lol..

11348656_10153372372513256_1529470713_o.jpg

more talking, a few designs later and some modifications...

11303724_10153372483433256_1492311041_n.jpg

here's what will probably become v1 rails...

custom_rails.png

and now an overaly on the side photo just as a talking point and to get an idea of anything else that might need to be adjusted..

custom_rails_overlay.png

and thats where we leave it..

hopefully i'll have these rails cut out soon enough and will begin the process of transferring everything over and maybe some design tweaks "thumbsup"

Last edited:
sorry guys, i've been distracted from this build and its not progressed any further unfortunately..
its at a point where i just need to make some mounts for the electronics/batteries and i can give it whirl.. not sure when that will be though atm

Any updates?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

see above, i've been sidetracked

NIIIICE FLAT HEAD MOTOR VERY KOOL "thumbsup"

i must admit i hadnt thought of that, but now you mention it 8)

How wide is the bottom of the twin hammers cage underneath the cabin?Cheers

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

130mm measured to the inside of the cage "thumbsup"

Oooh...that could be taken the wrong way. I was talking about the waterjet just to be clear.

i wont hold it against you haha, but yes in this instance it was :mrgreen:

Way cool idea with the frame rails

prototype still.. i think some improvements in design could be made to allow some clearance to the rear shocks and also just from an aesthetics view on the front "thumbsup"

Back