• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TT02R Rally Build

Steve Hipsley

Quarry Creeper
Finally getting the time to build again. Building this up for light rally with a Datsun 240z rally body. It’s coming along nicely. The Tamiya steering set is amazing. I’m also very happy with the Yeah Racing Shock Gear shock set. Five different spring sets, many pistons, and titanium coated shafts, and oil included. 3 racing diff cups and axles front and back. Using a sport tuned motor on 2s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d7339ecfa7c8fbf1f7ef9479854a261d.jpg

That'a all the upgrades you need imo. I spent a small fortune on my old one, and it ran terrible. I could never tune out the oversteer both on and off throttle and I ended up selling it. I just picked up another on a lark, built it up as a Subaru rally....hoping it can stay in a straight line!

The 240Z body is fantastic, look forward to seeing it!

Thanks! I originally bought a basic tt02 kit just because it has adjustable wheelbase for the 240z body lol. I ran that body on a DF03ra and loved it. Wish I never sold it 10 years ago but oh well. Then I got the Tt02r kit and added cvd driveshafts, Fast Eddy bearings, steering set, steel suspension balls, and some Yeah Racing shocks. It’s just about finished just need some aluminum wheel hexes and axle shims which have been ordered. It won’t be a shelf queen but I’ll definitely take it easy on it. Tt02’s are not the best performance wise, but they have a certain charm. I’ve done the 240z body before and it turned out rally box art great. All these years later and hope I can do it again. Oh yeah, and the WRC Yaris body that came with the basic kit is going to look great on my XV01.

Hello!
Nice and smooth build!
Please, if you have some time - please give me a list of modifications.
C-hubs, CVD, diff cups, shocks, all about drivetrain and steering.
I bought TT-02 Subaru '99 Monte Carlo and want to use some upgrades from your build.
Thanks

Hello!
Nice and smooth build!
Please, if you have some time - please give me a list of modifications.
C-hubs, CVD, diff cups, shocks, all about drivetrain and steering.
I bought TT-02 Subaru '99 Monte Carlo and want to use some upgrades from your build.
Thanks

Thanks! It was a fun build. I started with a Tt02r so it had some upgrades from the start. Here’s a list of some upgrades.
Tamiya steering set (more expensive but worth it). Comes with a great servo saver as well.

Yeah racing steel cvds and drive cup (if I had to do it over I would go with Tamiya cvds but these are nice for how cheap they are. Had to shim the axles at the wheel pin/bearing on all four corners.

Yeah racing shock gear 55mm shocks. These are awesome for how cheap they are. Comes with 4 or 5 different spring sets and and great selection of pistons. Smooth well made shocks. The mounting balls come with them as well. Balls are slightly smaller than Tamiyas so you have to use these. Nice fit.

Tamiya aluminum propeller shaft and joint cups.
Tamiya high speed gear set
Tamiya aluminum motor mount
Fast Eddy bearings
Tamiya 3 degree rear hubs (came with Tt02r kit).
Hitec servo
Hobbywing 1060 esc
Tamiya sport tuned motor.

I think that covers most of it. I can’t wait for better weather so I can paint the body. Have fun with your build!

Thanks for the detailed answer!
What is the turnout angle and clearance in your project?
Have you considered longer shock absorbers? 55mm are listed as road. Will they have enough off-road travel to make the model more stable? Maybe 60-70?
I had plans to try longer shock absorbers. But I would like to know your opinion. Racks planned to print on a 3D printer. Shocks travel supposed to be more, than stock. More suitable to ground clearance.

SM-N770F, Tapatalk

Oh and I ordered a blue aluminum bumper guard and battery hold down. A little bling lol

Back