• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TRX4m IR40 out on the rocks!

Why are you not sold on them? Cool looking truck.
the axle design mostly. the driveshaft sits way too low. reality is i'm probably spoiled by the scx24's where the driveshaft is nowhere to be found even when you put high clearance links on them. on the 4m's you make your driveshaft the low point with high clearance links, not a fan of that at all

then there's the no bearing issue, not coming with them. it makes the truck close to undriveable, at least when it comes to crawling with any sort of low speed control. so much so i'd rather have bearings with stock gearing if i was only allowed one or the other.

the list goes on of little things but it just adds up really, doesn't mean i dont still drive them lol

the axle design mostly. the driveshaft sits way too low. reality is i'm probably spoiled by the scx24's where the driveshaft is nowhere to be found even when you put high clearance links on them. on the 4m's you make your driveshaft the low point with high clearance links, not a fan of that at all

then there's the no bearing issue, not coming with them. it makes the truck close to undriveable, at least when it comes to crawling with any sort of low speed control. so much so i'd rather have bearings with stock gearing if i was only allowed one or the other.

the list goes on of little things but it just adds up really, doesn't mean i dont still drive them lol
Everything is a tradeoff unfortunately.

I see what you mean about the axles. The SCX24 driveshaft is up high and the pumpkin is small. The TRX-4M driveshaft is lower and the pumpkins are larger.

Bushings are never an acceptable tradeoff IMO, but you know they did it to hit the price point on the TRX-4M. Axial gives you bearings, but for the longest time they gave you crap shocks without any oil damping. This is also completely inexcusable.

Back