• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TRX-4 Monster Truck?

A 10th scale solid axle monster truck is coming from Traxxas, I can feel it. They just released the TRX-4mt, and if it's popular they will probably scale it up. Maybe they'll base it on the 1/10 TRX-4 platform, but this means only one thing - we must go EVEN BIGGER!

PrTpQrR.jpeg

I present the Jconcepts Golden 73's monster truck tires. They mount up to Jconcepts Tribute 73's monster truck wheels (painted silver here), and they are ridonkulous. Complete overkill in every way. They're as heavy as you'd imagine, and they kind of have the effect of making the truck body look like a smaller scale. They aren't cheap either at nearly $200 for a full set, but can you put a price on having the biggest TRX-4 on planet earth?
:lmao:

Actually, these will most likely end up on a different truck but I had to try this first. Down at the bottom you'll find a picture of them next to Jconcepts JCT tires for a size reference, which is something I spent a lot of time looking for online but couldn't find anywhere. I don't think many people are actually buying these things.

1W0fOca.jpeg

PFs6zQV.jpeg

tBVK60B.jpeg

Those with a Samson body would be killer....well axle killer probably but still lol. I really like the look of them, the tread profile and lettering looks spot on for the old 73" tires for sure.

Those with a Samson body would be killer....well axle killer probably but still lol. I really like the look of them, the tread profile and lettering looks spot on for the old 73" tires for sure.

Yeah Jconcepts did a good job on them. They just really don't make sense for this truck. :lmao:

But! I've been playing musical tires, switching them around between trucks, and I have a hot new recommendation for monsterized TRX-4s: Jconcepts JCT tires. This is the 4th different set I've tried on this truck, and they're the best so far for bashing. The thin rubber makes them extra squishy and good at absorbing impact. The diameter (about 5.75") is small compared to the Jconcepts Firestorms it started out with, which in combination with the thin rubber makes them lighter. Overall it handles nicer and is easier on the axles, etc.

Looks are subjective but I think they're sufficiently chonky.

sRtgaVp.jpeg

yCRdJ4p.jpeg

O6b93di.jpeg

Yeah Jconcepts did a good job on them. They just really don't make sense for this truck. :lmao:

But! I've been playing musical tires, switching them around between trucks, and I have a hot new recommendation for monsterized TRX-4s: Jconcepts JCT tires. This is the 4th different set I've tried on this truck, and they're the best so far for bashing. The thin rubber makes them extra squishy and good at absorbing impact. The diameter (about 5.75") is small compared to the Jconcepts Firestorms it started out with, which in combination with the thin rubber makes them lighter. Overall it handles nicer and is easier on the axles, etc.

Looks are subjective but I think they're sufficiently chonky.

sRtgaVp.jpeg

yCRdJ4p.jpeg

O6b93di.jpeg
That's a great looking truck! Have you taken it off some sweet jumps?

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

The JCT's look more like the modern race tire and probably benefit from same things the 1:1's do, Lighter weight and slightly less grip than the full tread depth uncut tires. I just love the look of the old school monsters (including the tires obviously) but its easy to see the performance difference I'm sure. I also dig the 48" tire monster trucks from way back when so the Ranger tires Jconcepts do are sweet too lol. too many tires not enough money.

Back