• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trinity's Itsy Bitsy Spyder

player

Pebble Pounder
I was looking at the IBS, and I saw 4WD and $60! And me, being cheap as I am, I like, WOAH!!11oneshift THATS CHEAP!!!!11oneoneshiftshift
Could be an interesting project, so here we go...

So this thing is 1/18, 4WD, and the parts are dirt cheap!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJEG1&P=7

So, it looks like it comes with only the basic chassis and drivetrain.

Hobby-grade RC is entirely new to me, so I'm gonna need some help getting set.
I want to build this up as a mild crawler, hack it up, wheel it, break it, fix, repeat.
As far as I know, I'm gonna need a Tx, Rx, battery, motor, and esc correct?

I'll be consulting you guys for advice throughout this undertaking...

are you planning to lock the arms and do a 4link? with indy suspension it wont be a crawler. Dont even mention the traxxas revo pos that has the crawl ability of a tamiya TA-02.

Err... like I said, I'm new to this so.... if you teach me how to lock the independent suspension and "four link" it, I sure will!

Before you buy that, do alot more reading around here. You'll soon learn that the IBS is a big POS for crawling. Hell, it's a POS as far as 1/18th scale trucks go from what I've heard. If you wanna go the small scale route, do a google search for something called the Venom Mini Giant or A-tech Mini Monster or Bison or Leo-X. Those are all different names for the exact same model. It's a solid axle 1/20th scale truck that comes with everything except a battery. That's a better start for crawling. You can find 'em for around 80 bucks or cheaper on Ebay.

Or... get the Tamiya TLT-1 from http://www.ultimatehobbies.com. It's only 80 bucks or something but you still have to get a motor, esc and transmitter. And it's bigger.

Hmm, maybe ill look into the A-Tech stuff again

I couldn't find them ANYWHERE last time I looked though...

Where do you guys get them?

Thanks PWT. I was gonna mention moving it.

I haven't seen many on ebay. Maybe I wasnt looking in the right places....

I recently got a leo-x/ vmg etc. Its got a high cg so backflips a lot. Tons of power, but needs to be stretched to stop it playing rolly polys up big hills.

Back