• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Traxxas receiver handle 7.4 v?

Malawi

Hi ppl!

So i wonder can i set the hobbywing 1080 esc to 7.4 v if using a stock trx4 reciever that says it handle 6v?
My servo can go to 7.4.

What will happen, will it works for some time or can i burn out the receiver in one day? anyone got experience?
I will overtime get a bec to use 7.4 but dont have time to get it before next crawler comp this weekend.

Traxxas RXs are rated at 6VDC, running any higher voltage and you risk frying it. There are some people that have ran higher voltages and have not had any issues, but that is a risk you'll have to take on.

I have fried three Traxxas receivers by forgetting their 6VDC rating.

Alright i see, ty for your input.
Lets see if its worth taking the risk. Not sure how much power i get running it on 7.4 then 6v might have to check the diffrence first .)

If you have a TRX4 with the mini servos for the shifter & diffs are 6v so you would burn them out too.

I do have the Trx4 tactical unit chassi with shifter and diffs so you just saved mine mini servos and cash. Cheers!

Any chance i can bypass using an adapter so only my servo gets 7.4 v?

yes. you can wire in a BEC. I wired a Castle 10a BEC using a bypass cable (BEC is pwoering only the servo, and the servo only has a signal connection to the receiver). i have my Savox running at 7.4v while the rest of the electronics are at 6v.

The traxxas receiver will blow within a very short time on 7.4v. Yet another reason to get a better transmitter for your rig!

Back