• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Traxxas pro scale lighting not working consistently

Rontalvos

I bought the traxxas pro scale lighting kit power block and lights to add full functionality to my TRX-6. My TRX-6 has a TQi receiver and the bluetooth module, and a Hobbywing AXE R2 esc with the matching FOC R2 2100kv motor. Everything is hooked up exactly as the instructions show, and the kit works but some functions exhibit some strange behavior.

The turn signals work 100% of the time while driving in reverse, but while driving forward I'd say they work about 1/3 of the time or less. They just don't come on, but if I stop and blip a little reverse throttle then they kick on instantly. If they are turned on in reverse, they stay on when driving forward as long as the front wheels are still turned in the same direction.

The white reverse light only comes on consistently if I bring the rig to a complete stop first, then begin to reverse, and sometimes it takes a second blip of the throttle in reverse to kick on the reverse light. With the reverse light on, if I drive forward it takes at least 2-3 seconds for it to turn off.

I know the stock line is "traxxas electronics are crap" but is this really normal behavior for this pro scale kit or is there something else going on?

Apologies for not being of any help but at the very least I'd consider contacting Traxxas to see if they'll let you exchange it and try again. Only reason I say that is because the things you're describing are so random. Might be worth troubleshooting if it was a more specific or consistent issue. But this one sounds rough to track down. Good luck anyway, Hope you get it resolved one way or another.

Back