• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Traxxas Fiesta Rally

Steve Hipsley

Quarry Creeper
Picked one up to bash with so I don’t hurt my Tamiyas. Its been over 10 years since I’ve had basically a Slash 4x4. What brushless system would you guys recommend? Plan to run 3s. I’ve always been a Castle guy but I’m looking for suggestions. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39afb1f7226d0636bcb1f09a776ad44e.jpg

Got this combo. It rips on 3s geared 14/54.

That's pretty much what I was going to recommend. We put a Hobbywing SC8 esc (my go-to 1/10 go-fast esc) and went a bit hotter on the motor (4300kv 3660) since my son runs on both 2s and 3s. It's got just the right amount of "too much" power on 3s so it can break 'em loose on demand at most any speed, yet not so much that it feels uncontrollable. You're going to find yourself in need of a driveshaft/axle upgrade before you know it though. The Hoss shafts have been holding up well, but I see Traxxas recently released a complete package (Traxxas 9080) that includes even bigger shafts/bearings/knuckles/hubs/hexes/etc.

That's pretty much what I was going to recommend. We put a Hobbywing SC8 esc (my go-to 1/10 go-fast esc) and went a bit hotter on the motor (4300kv 3660) since my son runs on both 2s and 3s. It's got just the right amount of "too much" power on 3s so it can break 'em loose on demand at most any speed, yet not so much that it feels uncontrollable. You're going to find yourself in need of a driveshaft/axle upgrade before you know it though. The Hoss shafts have been holding up well, but I see Traxxas recently released a complete package (Traxxas 9080) that includes even bigger shafts/bearings/knuckles/hubs/hexes/etc.

Thanks! The only thing I might change is going up to a 17t pinion. I think if I do that I’ll be able to keep up with my friends 6s erevo.

Back