• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Traxxas audio input voltage

Outlawaresee

My 6 yr old just purchased a truck with the Traxxas audio system in it. I immediately have swapped out the brushed kit for his Brushless 3900 kit and am getting ready to splice in the Audio box to the different ESC.

I am unable to locate ANY voltage input specs on the audio unit. The XL5 shows a BEC output of 6 volts but this has been swapped for a brushless ESC.

I have written support for Traxxas and have not yet heard back from them.

MY QUESTION:
Can you locate any information that shows me I can wire the input for the audio unit directly to the ESC battery in wire to provide 8.4 volts input to the audio unit?

Do I need an external BEC to reduce the voltage to 6 volts?

He also runs the ESS-ONE unit on his Wraith and I know the specs show it can handle up to like 25 volts without issue, but I need to feel safe hooking the Traxxas unit up to 8.4 volts without a reduction.

Ok, here's the spill from Traxxas.

Evidently the Audio box has it's own built in BEC and can be hooked up to any cell battery without issue.

Good to know!

Back