• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trail truck Esc and Motor combo?

fatam

Ok looking to turn my CK into a great trail truck. I want to do some crawling, mudding, water splashing, and just tearing through the woods. So because of the water thing I am thinking about going with a brushed motor. I am also not wanting a fast truck but one that is at least walking speed. Do you guys have any ideas of a good set up based on what i am looking to do. I am very new to crawling so be easy on me.

Water splashing? Well may want to run a brushed setup with a Traxxas ESC. They have waterproof ESCs. I have herd others that you can put other ESCs in a balloon but I don't like the idea of heat buildup. But you can stick the receiver in a balloon and be on the safe side. I have made a few runs in muddy water with brushed motors. They hold up for me. Just give them a good cleaning and lil oil after the runs.

I was thinking of that esc but as far as a brushed motor what turn should I be looking at?

As for the ESC, you cant go wrong with a Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster BRXL Waterproof! "thumbsup"

If you will be tearing up the motors, then I would go with a cheaper lathe motor. If you intend on keeping the motor maintained properly and often, then you cant go wrong with a good handwound motor. "thumbsup" Brood makes some excellent scaler motors!
http://teambrood.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_30_58&products_id=234

Last edited:
Check www.holmeshobbies.com and get a waterproofed BRXL esc and one of his puller motors. It will be very torqy and will have good wheelspeed. It should be good for what you are looking for. Just remember after getting any motor wet and muddy you need to pull it apart and clean it up.

I would go with a 35T. 27T would be a little to quick for my taste. If I were to do little bit of everything.

I was thinking of that esc but as far as a brushed motor what turn should I be looking at?

Holmes Hobbies BR-XL waterproofed version + a Castle Creations Link. With HH products, the vendor is here in the forums and is always willing to help his customers out. As far as the turns on the motor, it would also depend on the battery you plan to use. If you are going with a 2s, the 35T would really work well for you, if 3s a 45t or 55t would be better. I run a 3s with 55t on a BRXL, good speed and great climbing torque. The bottom line, I think, is how much you can afford to spend.

Back