• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trail stomper

jmercier

After reading about what it takes to get the RC4WD Trail Stomper setup for decent trail drives I decided to go ahead and get one. For the price i think this is a great deal for someone who isn't afraid to work on their truck. I installed the axle front c braces, removed the internal springs from the shocks, moved the battery up front, replaced the front drive shaft with a traxxas one , and replaced the rear one with a left over tamiya cc01 yj shaft that was the perfect length. I also put a 16t pinion on the motor to get some more wheel speed. I built a front bumper and tool box out of styrene for added scale looks.

febuary068_zps57b47660.jpg

febuary069_zps48951162.jpg

febuary072_zpsbbae29c0.jpg

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab214/isk8harder/febuary074_zpsca646377.jpg

how stiff was the suspension with the leaf springs as well? have you ran this truck completely stock?

Would you recommend this truck or a scx10 for my first crawler?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just drove it around the house stock it has almost no flex with the springs in the shocks, once you take those out it starts to work a lot better.

I just drove it around the house stock it has almost no flex with the springs in the shocks, once you take those out it starts to work a lot better.

If it's anything like the TF-2, the springs should soften up a little with use. Could we see some body-off shots? I haven't seen much of these rigs.

Thanks!

Would you recommend this truck or a scx10 for my first crawler?

I would go with the scx10 for your first scaler, thats what I did about 3 years ago and its still running strong. It crawls way better out of the box and there is way more aftermarket support for hop ups and replacements.

Okay man thank you I'm trying to get the opinions of more experianced crawlers to let me know how to start off. I have the perfect place to crawl around my house but I havnt purchased a crawler. I hope you enjoy your vehicles have fun!

Nice looking rig.Any closeup shots of your hinged toolbox?I am building one also and would like to see how you did yours.

Back