• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trail Finder 3 Gone!

SBG just dropped a build video of the KillerBody Mercury...

According to the RPP site, it is discontinued. Question to you is, since you can get an RTR SCX10-3 for the same price, why would you (or anyone, for that matter) want the RC4WD?

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
If you are building a class one why would you not buy an RC4WD. I agree that the SCX10 iii is a superior crawler out of the box but the RC4WD is by far the most scale C1 out there.

If you are building a class one why would you not buy an RC4WD. I agree that the SCX10 iii is a superior crawler out of the box but the RC4WD is by far the most scale C1 out there.
Because class 1 is dominated by custom chassis builds and class zero is the only thing a trail finder excels at

The TF3 was a failure. The overcomplicated steering setup was not a good move, nor were the suspension changes. Judging by the new colors and updates on the Chevy TF2s, it doesnt look like they're going to be coming out with a TF4 anytime soon. I have the itch to build a leafer. Waiting on Twisted Fab to release his VS410 kit though so I can have some good axles under it.

Because class 1 is dominated by custom chassis builds and class zero is the only thing a trail finder excels at
It has been several years, but I got 1st place in the comp series in Las Vegas with a pretty much stock Marlin. Chino mod, o-rings on leafs, no springs in the shocks. At this point in the game I'm sure that would be really tough if not impossible to do again.

The TF3 was a failure. The overcomplicated steering setup was not a good move, nor were the suspension changes. Judging by the new colors and updates on the Chevy TF2s, it doesnt look like they're going to be coming out with a TF4 anytime soon. I have the itch to build a leafer. Waiting on Twisted Fab to release his VS410 kit though so I can have some good axles under it.

It has been several years, but I got 1st place in the comp series in Las Vegas with a pretty much stock Marlin. Chino mod, o-rings on leafs, no springs in the shocks. At this point in the game I'm sure that would be really tough if not impossible to do again.

I found the TF3 to actually perform really well and i now prefer it to my TF2s.

TF2 is so much fun and challenging to build and tune. Better out of the box, absolutely not lol. I would love to see Axial drop a leafer some day though. They are a blast to drive.
I love the tf2. I've got alot time and money in mine. It handles completely different and very fun to drive.

My favorite leafer out of all my leafers is by far the Boom Racing BRX02 88. It just works out of the box. I'm pretty sure the BRX02 109 with the longer wheelbase probably works great out of the box too, so I might need to pick one up in the future. It's just a lot pricier, but well worth it in my opinion compared to the cost of a RC4WD RTR. I actually like my TF2s, but the axles and driveshafts definitely could be better.

I actually like my TF2s, but the axles and driveshafts definitely could be better.
Got slop? The TF2 knuckle to axle is some of the worst fit I've ever experienced in RC.

It's a shame the Boom trucks are nearly double the price of the TF2. I think they would be a lot more popular if the price was more competitive. I've always had great luck with the quality of Boom products myself.

This right here is what I am waiting for:

Boom Racing BRX01 Adjustable Wheel Base (AWB)

The chassis comes with a modified ZiL Pickup body. The kit version will be available around Q3 of 2024. The body includes a full interior and a quick-access battery box on the bed. The cab and bed are split in half and mounted directly to the chassis individually. The hood, doors, and tailgate can be opened.

20240513_BRX01_4WD_BLOG01.jpg

20240513_BRX01_4WD_BLOG04.jpg

20240513_BRX01_4WD_BLOG03.jpg

This right here is what I am waiting for:

Boom Racing BRX01 Adjustable Wheel Base (AWB)

The chassis comes with a modified ZiL Pickup body. The kit version will be available around Q3 of 2024. The body includes a full interior and a quick-access battery box on the bed. The cab and bed are split in half and mounted directly to the chassis individually. The hood, doors, and tailgate can be opened.
Just realized this truck is on the old BRX01 chassis rather than the BRX02. I don't know the differences, but seems odd it's on the old platform. I love this body though.

It's BRX01 new shorter adjustable wheelbase chassis, and this body is a shorter wheelbase than my 88 series I think.

One thing I noticed right away with my 88 is that the leaf springs just worked right away. Nice supple flex and movement. They didn't even need breaking in like the RC4WD rigs I have.

That BRX01 AWB is definitely on my radar.

It's BRX01 new shorter adjustable wheelbase chassis, and this body is a shorter wheelbase than my 88 series I think.

One thing I noticed right away with my 88 is that the leaf springs just worked right away. Nice supple flex and movement. They didn't even need breaking in like the RC4WD rigs I have.

That BRX01 AWB is definitely on my radar.
Is everything else about the drivetrain the same between the BRX01 and BRX02 or, more importantly, this BRX01 and the BRX02?

Back