• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Track width narrowing

Mundy64

Not sure how to start this thread so I'll just ask the question straight up.
Does anyone have any good ways of narrowing the track width of the trx4 any?
Asking because I'm far more interested in the scale aspect of the hobby as opposed to the comp crawling, and here in Australia it's illegal to have the tyres stick out from under the guards (fenders) or flares any, so they need to be completely covered by the flares. I want to get that look on my TRX4 with the rims and tyres I currently have (Redcat Gen8 Irok Super swamper tyres, Injora/China white sunraysia rims), but am unsure how to make the track any narrower. Not concerned about the performance detriments by making it narrower.
Anyone got any ideas?

The single biggest way to get there would be the Portal delete kit from SSD. Since it gets rid of the portals it actually narrows the track width by 6mm on each side. Then with the portals gone you can get away with a much narrower offset wheel and a wider selection of wheels. The portals make wheel choice and narrow offsets difficult so with them gone you'll have even more headroom to adjust things.

If you do delete the portals you'll need to reverse the direction of the motor. If its stock simply swap the positive and negative wires (brushed motors dont care which way they spin BTW)
Another factor is that losing the portals will speed the truck up. You'll probably want to gear it down or even select a slower motor.

Its also going to lower the chassis and body but thats a good thing for the most part.

The single biggest way to get there would be the Portal delete kit from SSD. Since it gets rid of the portals it actually narrows the track width by 6mm on each side. Then with the portals gone you can get away with a much narrower offset wheel and a wider selection of wheels. The portals make wheel choice and narrow offsets difficult so with them gone you'll have even more headroom to adjust things.

If you do delete the portals you'll need to reverse the direction of the motor. If its stock simply swap the positive and negative wires (brushed motors dont care which way they spin BTW)
Another factor is that losing the portals will speed the truck up. You'll probably want to gear it down or even select a slower motor.

Its also going to lower the chassis and body but thats a good thing for the most part.

This is something I'm planning to do in the long run, but it's just a little too expensive for now. I'm still in high school and have just started working so... yeah. I will get around to it eventually though.

This is something I'm planning to do in the long run, but it's just a little too expensive for now. I'm still in high school and have just started working so... yeah. I will get around to it eventually though.

A lot of people cut axles down(Very common on AR45s), maybe that’s worth looking into?

What body are you using and how much do the tires go outside the fenders?

I'm using the stock Defender body (with a few... small... modifications), and the tyres stick out pretty much the same width as the standard ones.

Jg3YSzk.jpg

(Small modifications :lmao:)

Back